Chapter Twenty-Three | The Seer's Prediction

|The Fields of Asphodel|

Ruby jumped up and helped Mulan carry the Seer inside the restaurant and set her on a makeshift bed. Mulan swung the door shut before going back over to where Ruby was examining the Seer. Neal, Henry, and David slowly approached the Seer as well.

"What did she mean?" Henry asked. "Who won't make it?"

"Could be anyone," David muttered. "She could have been talking about Hook or Robin Hood or one of us. Or even someone else, like Gold or Hades."

Henry sat down next to Ruby and watched as she attempted to find a pulse. While Ruby was feeling the Seer's wrist for a pulse, the bright blue eyes on her hands popped open and her breathing and heartbeat sped up back to normal. "Henry Mills," she rasped.

"Uh...yes...?" Henry asked hesitantly.

"Hear this, Believer. Have hope. He won't make it, but have hope."

"I will," Henry promised even though he had no idea who the Seer was talking about.

"You must have hope for everyone."

"I will. I promise."

"Thank you," the Seer sounded much calmer after Henry promised he would do as she said. Her eyes drifted closed again. And Henry sat back a little bit. Neal set a hand on Henry's shoulder.

"I'm sure everything will be okay."

"Yeah," Henry muttered even though he didn't believe it.

|Tartarus|

Regina stumbled and Robin caught her before she fell. They had decided to try to keep walking, but Regina was feeling faint and she was pretty sure it was thanks to the Hydra poison.

"Regina--"

"No, we need to keep moving." Regina tried to stand back up straight again, but she couldn't keep her balance and her vision was beginning to get blurry.

"Regina, we need to stop."

Regina allowed Robin to help her sit down with her back against his chest. Regina blinked a few times, trying to keep her eyes open. "Robin..."

"Hmm?"

"If I... if I die, we can't leave."

"You're not going to die," Robin assured her. "We're both going to make it out of here."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that."

Robin and Regina both looked up to see a figure standing across from them, on the edge of the river.

|The Fields of Asphodel|

By the time morning came, the Seer had woken up and Ruby had convinced her to drink a glass of water. She was sitting up and Ruby was brushing through her hair with a hairbrush that was most likely Milah's, trying to get the broken twigs and other junk out of it.

"What happened?" Ruby asked as she carefully removed another twig.

"I don't remember. All I remember needing to deliver a message, but something stopped me."

After Ruby was done brushing through the Seer's hair, she stood up to clean off the hairbrush and throw away the twigs and other stuff. The Seer opened her palms so the eyes on them were staring up at the ceiling. "I don't know what my prediction from last night means," she confessed. "I just know someone won't make it."

"The future is a tricky thing," Neal told her. "My dad didn't ever seem to know what it meant either."

"The future is tricky," the Seer agreed. "There are many paths that could be taken and most of them are not good."