Chapter Thirty-Three | House of Gold

|Storybrooke|

Regina had agreed to watch Roland and Megan while Robin took Henry to the woods with the merry men. Except, they weren't actually going to meet the merry men.

The door to Enchanted Jeweler opened and the bell above it dinged, signaling Robin and Henry's entrance. The woman behind the counter looked up and smiled at them. "Can I help you with something?"

"We're, ah, looking for an engagement ring," Robin answered.

"Oh! Of course! Well, our engagement rings are over that way," the woman pointed to her left. "Personally, I really like the birthstone ones, but the diamond ones are traditional, if you were looking for something a bit more classic."

Robin looked over at Henry. "Birthstone?"

"It's like... a special gem for the moth you were born in. My mom was born in February, so hers would be the February birthstone," Henry explained. "Not sure which one that is, though..."

"Amethyst," the woman behind the counter piped up. "Also, the birth flowers are violets and primroses."

"Let's stay away from getting her violets," Henry muttered. Robin thanked the woman for her help and led Henry over to the case of engagement rings. In the end, they decided on a ring with two silver bands entwined, one covered in amethysts and the other plain silver.

 In the end, they decided on a ring with two silver bands entwined, one covered in amethysts and the other plain silver

After they bought the ring, Robin called Emma and asked if she could watch Megan and Roland. Henry had already told his other mother than Robin was planning to propose to Regina, so Emma immediately said yes.

On the way home, Robin bought a dozen of blood red roses when Henry suggested he should do something cliché like get Regina flowers.

Emma was already at Regina's house when they arrived. Robin rang the doorbell so Regina would open the door and when she did, he presented the roses to her. "For you, Milady."

Regina smiled and raised an eyebrow. "First you get Emma to watch the kids and now roses?"

"Anything for my Queen."

"Alright," Henry pushed past his mom and soon-to-be step-dad. "I did my part, now I'm out of here."

After Henry was inside the house, Robin spoke again, "Would you care to go for a walk?"

Regina felt blush creep into her cheeks as her smile widened. "Anything for my Outlaw." She set the roses in a vase next to the door and grabbed her jacket before stepping outside and entwining her arm with Robin's.

Robin stopped walking and turned to face Regina.

"Why did we stop?" Regina asked.

"Look around."

It didn't take long for Regina to realize why Robin had stopped there. "This is the place where you found me reading that letter. ...The place I first opened up to you after we cast the second Dark Curse. Why are we here?"