Chapter Twenty-One | Adriadne's Key to Success

|The Fields of Punishment|

After staying the night in Gold's shop, Emma was ready to leave to find the Labyrinth. They had found a locator spell and Emma had Killian's ring still around her neck. But Ingrid had insisted they stay to give the dead time to spread out in search of them. Mary Margaret still had the leftover firecrackers, though, in case they needed another distraction.

Ingrid opened the front door to draw the dead towards her and a minute later, Emma, Mary Margaret, and Liam exited the shop through the back door. Emma poured the locator spell on Killian's ring. It glowed before floating out of Emma's hand and around the back of several buildings. The group of three followed it until it dropped to the ground in front of the elevator in the library. Emma picked up the ring and put it back around her neck. "He's down there. He must be."

"Anything could be down there, Emma," Mary Margaret pointed out. "You know what the tunnels underneath the library are like in Storybrooke."

"So the Labyrinth must be where the tunnels are!" Emma exclaimed. "We just have to find him in the Labyrinth!"

"That won't be easy," Liam warned. "The Labyrinth is supposed to be an eternal maze. Finding Killian won't be easy and we don't have any magic besides the locator spell, which must not work in the Labyrinth."

Emma looked around and her eyes settled on something. She grabbed a ball of string off a pedestal in the library. "Ariadne's thread. In the Greek myths, it helped you find your way through the Labyrinth."

|The Entrance to the Underworld|

Belle and Dorothy stepped out onto a street that looked just like the one the had been on in Storybrooke. There were obvious differences between this town and Storybrooke, though, like the fact that the clock tower was on the ground.

"Where would Rumple be at?" Belle asked, mostly to herself. The streets were filled with people, but Belle doubted any of them were the group of people who had come in search of Hook over two weeks ago. She looked around and decided that if the Underworld was just like Storybrooke, there was one good place to start. "Follow me," Belle motioned to Dorothy.

Dorothy did as she was told and followed Belle through the streets of the town that had become somewhat familiar to her. She had a pretty good idea where they were going, and her suspicions were confirmed when Belle opened the door to Gold's shop.

A woman looked up at Belle and Dorothy. "I thought-- Belle?"

Belle backed up, bumping into Dorothy. Her hands instinctively flew to her stomach to protect the child growing inside. "Ingrid."

|The Labyrinth|

Emma, Liam, and Graham had stepped through the entrance to the Labyrinth and Emma let the end of the ball of string fall to the ground. She turned to her mother. "You lead, I'll be in charge of the string."

"Me? But I have no idea where to go."

"Neither do the rest of us," Liam pointed out.

Mary Margaret nodded. "You're right. Okay, I guess follow me then." She led the group down several different hallways and Emma unraveled the string as they went along. It was a while before they ran into any sort of trouble, and unfortunately, that trouble came with a name Emma knew very well.

One second, the string was in her hand, and the next, it was gone and two boys were retracing the groups steps.

"Stop!" Liam shouted.

The boy who had snatched the strong turned around and smirked. "Oh, but haven't you heard? Peter Pan never fails."

|The Fields of Punishment|

"I'm not going to hurt you."

"I don't believe you!" Belle shouted. "You cursed the entire town to be their worst selves!"

"But Elsa, Anna, and Emma helped me see sense before I died. I promise, I have no intention to harm either of you."

Dorothy stepped out in front of Belle and pulled her sword out of its sheath. "Prove it. Where is Rumplestiltskin?"

"I don't know. I've only seen Emma and Mary Margaret. They told me they split up because Robin Hood was kidnapped by a fury. Regina, Henry, and Rumplestiltskin went after him. All I know is that Emma and Mary Margaret were in search of Killian and had been told he was in the Labyrinth. I do have another locator spell if you have something of Rumplestiltskin's.

Dorothy glanced back at Belle and her eyes slowly drifted down to the brunette's stomach.

"No," Bell said, "you are not using my child for a locator spell."

|The Labyrinth|

Emma took off running after Pan and Felix. She tackled Pan, pushing him to the ground and grabbed Ariadne's thread away from him. She tossed it back to Liam, who luckily caught it. Emma looked back to Pan, who she had pinned to the ground, "What are you doing here?"

"Not telling."

"I could snap your neck right now."

"That would be preferable, actually."

Emma stood up and yanked Pan up with her. "Have you see Killian around here anywhere?"

"Oh, so now he's 'Killian'? I thought he was just, 'Hook,' or 'Captain Hook'? Unless... you're looking for him because he actually won you over?"

"Where. Is. He?"

"Darn it," Pan muttered, "I owe Neal seven bucks."

"Where-- wait, Neal?" Emma shoved Pan against the wall. "Answer my questions and I let you go."

"Well that wouldn't be much fun..."

"I swear--"

"Fine, fine. Your precious Captain is stuck in the center of the Labyrinth. I have no idea where Neal is, he left to see if you or Henry was somewhere here."

Emma let go of Pan and stepped back. "Get out of here." She turned and marched back towards Liam and Mary Margaret, snatching the thread away from Liam. "Let's go."

|The Fields of Punishment|

"Do you have a better idea?" Dorothy asked.

Belle rummaged through her pockets before pulling out a piece of fabric and handing it to Dorothy. "Here. It ripped off of one of his shirts and I offered to sew it back up, but never got the chance."

"Fine," Dorothy grumbled. She took the fabric from Belle and the locator spell from Ingrid. After pouring a few drops of the spell onto the fabric, it began to float.

Belle glanced over at Ingrid. "Thank you."

Dorothy opened the door of Gold's shop and she and Belle followed the fabric out into the streets that were crowded by dead people.