Chapter Thirty-Four | Betrayal?

|An Hour Earlier|

Henry groggily walked down the stairs to find Robin holding Megan in order to keep her from crying and waking Roland up.

"Where's Mom?" Henry asked.

"At the hospital with Belle," Robin answered. "She left a couple hours after midnight."

"So what's for breakfast? Granny's?"

Robin shrugged. "If you want, but Regina said you could make hot cocoa if she wasn't back."

That seemed to wake Henry up. "Really?" Robin nodded. "Awesome! Do you want a cup? We have marshmallows and cinnamon to go in it."

Henry was about to rush off to the kitchen when the doorbell rang. Robin stood up, but Henry interrupted him. "I got it." He opened the door, expecting to see either Regina or one of the Charmings. Instead, Dorothy was standing there with her sword pointed at him. "Where is Megan at?"

Henry would have shut the door if Dorothy hadn't stepped inside, causing him to back up further into the house. "Robin, take Meg out the back door!" Henry shouted.

"NO!" Dorothy slashed Henry's arm, putting a gash in it and Henry dropped to the ground in pain.

"ROBIN, RUN!" He shouted, hoping Robin would take his advice.

Dorothy ran past Henry and into the living room, but Robin was gone. She searched the entire lower level of the house, but he and Megan were nowhere to be found. Dorothy was about ready to leave when Roland emerged from upstairs. "Henry?"

Dorothy grinned. "Perfect." In a flash, her sword was at Roland's throat and Henry could only watch. "Tell me where Robin took Megan and I'll let him go."

"Henry!" Roland cried.

"I don't know!" Henry answered truthfully. "Probably wherever my mom is!"

"And where would that be?"

If it had been his own life hanging in the balance, Henry might have lied. But he didn't want Roland getting hurt, so he gave in and told Dorothy the truth. "The hospital."

"See? That wasn't so hard." She lowered her sword and Roland ran down to where Henry was. Dorothy left the house to go find Robin and Megan, who would hopefully be at the hospital.

Henry stood up and Roland watched as he stumbled to the bathroom, searching for Regina's first aid kit. He wrapped gauze tightly around the wound from Dorothy's sword. It would probably need either stitches or magic, but that wasn't top priority.

"Roland, I'm going to need you to stay with a friend, okay?"

Roland nodded. While he was searching for gauze, Henry had texted Violet, asking her to watch Roland. She was at the door by the time Henry was done wrapping his wound.

"What's going on?" She asked as Henry ushered her inside.

"I don't know," he answered truthfully, "but Dorothy's back from the Underworld and she wants my sister."

"Henry, you're hurt."

"I know," Henry was halfway out the door at this point. "That's why I'm going to the hospital. I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?"