Pool Party

"Mom?" Ava calls me in her much practiced American accent. I turn my head to look at the 7-year-old entering the kitchen. "Can we have a swimming party?"

"A swimming party?" I ask, turning around and leaning against the counter.

"Yeah," she rocks back on her heels. "We can invite everybody!"

"Hmm," I hum, thinking about what this really entails. "Who is everybody?"

"Ugh!" she huffs. "Lucas and Riley and Maisie and Gracie and Alfie and Beckett-"

"Beckett hmm?" I question, wiggling my eyebrows at her. The other moms and I have been hoping and planning for Zayn's oldest boy, Beckett, and Ava to be together. Ava blushes a deep pink hue and I silently chuckle.

"Well if Lucas comes, than he has to come," she tries to act natural. "You can't just invite one of them."

"Of course," I say, pushing off from the counter. "That sounds like a great idea love. Grab my phone and I'll give your aunties a call and see what they say."

Ava rushes off and I chuckle at my daughter before taking a bite of my sandwich.

+

"Gracie no running!" Megan shouts at the girl who slows down. All the boys and their families are over, playing in the pool and running around the back yard. The men are grilling on the barbecue while us women relax in the sun.

"Good idea Y/N," Arabella sighs. "I needed this."

"It was Ava's idea," I smirk, watching my youngest wrestle in the water with Beckett. "I think she just wanted to see Beckett in a swimsuit."

"Or she wanted him to see her," Katy wiggles her eyebrows at me.

Hayden

"Just go over and say you need to talk to her," I tell Alison, taking a step closer.

"Well what am I supposed to talk to her about?" she asks, looking up at me with a confused and innocent expression.

"Well whatever you want to talk to her about," I say, slowly stepping closer and backing her up to the wall of the laundry room. "Just make something up."

Her breath hitches as her back hits the wall and I lean in, our lips only an inch away. "Like what should I do when her son traps me in a corner and tries to take advantage of me?"

I narrow my eyes at her cheeky remark which makes her giggle. My heart rate picks up but I don't let my nervousness show. She looks up at me with bright blue eyes full of mischief and a hint of desire.

"Am I not allowed to kiss my girlfriend?" I question quietly, waiting for her to make a move.

"Oh, I'm your girlfriend, now that we're alone?" she sasses and a slow smirk forms on my lips.

"You can be whatever you want to be," I say in a rough voice.

"Hayden," she whines and shoves me away by my chest. "I'm serious."

"Baby," I chuckle and grab her waist, pulling her close to me. "I told you we could tell them when we first started dating and you said no."

"Yeah well that was 6 months ago," she crosses her arms over her chest. I roll my eyes and swiftly lift her up and set her on the dryer, standing between her legs.

"We can tell them if you want," I say, moving my hands down to her bum. She seems unfazed by this and looks down at her hands. "Or we can wait til after your birthday."

Alison wanted to wait until she was 16 to do anything seriously sexual. My parents raised me with respect for women, so I agreed, it wasn't a problem. If she wants to wait then we will, she is a virgin after all. I'm not, obviously, but it's her call. So her birthday is in two days and I have a very romantic date all planned out.