Chapter 40 A Year Without Rain

GUYS GUESS WHAT?!?! Today is a veeeery special day!! It's my One Year Anniversary on Wattpad!! You can expect the big long sappy message to be sent out shortly after this update, so you have that to look forward. Please read it; I want to thank all of you guys for everything! :)

Also- I completely rewrote the 1st and 2nd chapters of this book and changed a bunch of things in chapters up to about 20; I'll edit the others sometime soon. I think it makes them a lot better, so if you want to reread them, maybe after this book is finished, which should be coming up soon. *tear tear*

I will hopefully update "Best of Both Worlds" later, for those of you that read that story.

Thank you guys for all of the support you've shown me! I love you so much!

-K<3

Claudia's POV

I clung to Harry as Zayn walked in. I shouldn't care what he thinks, but I do. He's my older brother and his opinion means a lot to me.

"Hey Claud, I got you a bagel from-" Zayn stopped short, staring at Harry and I with wide eyes. "Please tell me your sitting on his lap because he's braiding your hair."

I laughed nervously. "Harry and I are dating."

"No you aren't," He said quickly.

"Says who?"

"Says me."

"I don't know what you have against Harry!"

Zayn laughed dryly. "Sweetheart, he's gonna break your heart into a million pieces when he finds someone he likes better. You don't know him like I do."

Harry interjected, "When have I ever done that?!"

"Oh I don't know, what about all of those girls you brought home about, say, 3 times. Then we never saw them again."

"I was young and stupid! I didn't like those girls a quarter as much as I love Claud!" My heart fluttered at the word "love." He loved me.

"Leave, Harry."

"No!"

I hugged him. "It'll be okay. I'll deal with this."

He reluctantly got up and wheeled himself out in his wheelchair.

Zayn spoke, softer this time, "I think you should go home. I love you to pieces, but Mum has a really nice penthouse now and things can go back to normal."

"What?! You're kicking me out?" I couldn't believe him.

"No, no, it's not like that at all. I just think you'd be better off back in New York. Away from Harry, away from all of this."

"You can't get rid of me just because you don't want me to date Harry!"

Zayn tried to take me in his arms but I pulled away, satisfied by the hurt look in his eyes. "Claudy, c'mon. You can stay until the end of the trip," He relented.

"Gee, thanks!" I said sarcastically. "Leave," I told him.

He stalked out.

A nurse walked in. "Miss Malik, there's a girl out here that says she's your best friend. Should I-"

"Yes! Send her in!" I interrupted her.

A moment later, someone jumped on my bed, screaming in my ear. "CLAUDIA!!! I MET ONE DIRECTION AND NIALL'S REALLY HOT AND HARRY STYLES KNOWS MY NAME AND THANK GOD YOU'RE OKAY!"

"Abby!" I said, hugging her.

"You have no idea how much I missed you!" She said.

"I missed you so much, too!"