Chapter 43 College Parties and Proposistions

Hey guys! I updated a week or so ago so this is pretty quick for me! I think there's only one more chapter and an epilogue left of this story. Wow. Love you guys!

I'm also finishing up Best of Both Worlds so keep an eye out for that. :)

Let me know what you think, please please please?!

<3 Katie

Chapter 43

**Claudia's POV** 

**3 Months Later**

"Have you talked to Harry lately?" Abby asked, popping her gum.

"Don't pop your gum. And by lately, you mean..."

"The last two weeks."

"No..."

"Why not?"

"We're both busy," I shrugged.

"I've talked to Niall three times this week and we're not even exclusive."

I sighed. "Maybe Zayn was right. Maybe Harry and I just aren't right for each other."

"What makes you think that?"

"I just don't feel that need, that spark, with him anymore. I've been thinking about breaking up with him."

"Really?" Abby did this a lot; pretending not to have an opinion until I had made my mind up.

"I think so. Actually, I'm gonna call him right now."

"Good idea."

I picked up my phone and found his contact. My finger hovered over the call button. I took a deep breath and pressed it.

"Claud!" Harry answered the phone. The sound of his voice almost made me change my mind.

"Hey, Harry, listen, I need to talk to you."

"What's wrong?"

"I think we should take a break. See other people. This long distance thing isn't working for me. I'm sorry."

"If that's what you want." He sounded startlingly calm. "I want you to be happy, Claud. If you change your mind, don't hesitate to call me."

"O-okay. Thanks for being so cool about it."

"Of course. This will make Simon happy. He liked you but he's been talking to Taylor Swift's management and they want us to date. So if you see that all over, don't be surprised."

"Thanks for telling me. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and turned to Abby, wide eyed. "I'm not sure how I should feel about this. He was totally fine with it."

"He'll be back. Trust me. They always come back in the end. Wanna go to a party tonight?"

"Sure, why not." I had nothing to lose.

****

I spun around in the mirror, admiring my reflection. I was wearing a sequined teal dress that stopped just above the knee with black heels. Abby had curled my hair and done my makeup.

In return, I had straightened her hair and did her makeup. She was wearing a short black dress with pink heels.

We got a taxi to the house of one of Abby's friends, Sean, who was throwing the party. There were cars all around the block. Music was blaring out of the house. People were passed out on the front lawn and it was only 11.

We went inside and were handed plastic cups with some sort of cheap alcohol in them. I set mine down on a counter, but Abby happily accepted hers. There were people absolutely everywhere. It was your stereotypical college party.

"That guy looks like your type," Abby yelled over the music, already on her second cup of whatever-it-was. She pointed towards a guy with short brown hair and green eyes. He was tall and muscular and most definietely attractive. "Go for it." She nudged me towards him.

I walked over to him and smiled. Abby had drilled me on how to pick up guys the entire ride to the party.

"Hey, mind if I sit?" I asked, motioning the couch he was sitting on.

"Go ahead." He seemed sober.

"I'm Claudia."

"Sam. I haven't seen you around before."

"I was in England for a little bit."

"Really? What for?"

"My brother lives over there. It's where I'm originally from."

"That's cool. I want to go to England."

"New York is way cooler."

"I doubt it."

"Trust me."

"I'll take your word for it. What made you decide to come to a college party?"

"I came with my friend. You?"

"Same."

"Speaking of friends, I sould probably go get mine off of that table." Abby was perched precariously on a coffee table.

"Before you go, can I get your number?" Sam asked.

"Sure." Score.

I entered my number into his phone before walking over to Abby and pulling her off of the coffee table.

***

"So you'd seriously rather go to England than Australia?" I said to Sam a month or so later. We were now officially dating and I only compared him to Harry every once in a while. Progress was being made.

"Seriously." He finished his third slice of pizza and reached for a fourth one. We were on a date at this really cute pizza place.

I laughed at him and took a drink of my Sprite. "So listen, I have a proposition."

"Shoot."

"My brother from London and his friends are coming up this weekend and we're all going out to eat. Want to come?"

"Wouldn't I be intruding?"

"Of course not. He's bringing his friends and they're bringing their girlfriends."

"Then yes."

"Yay!" This was going to be an interesting weekend...