Taken: Part 1

Note: I hope everyone is enjoying this. Taken is not in the original story, but since I slightly changed the direction of the story I needed to add in this chapter to accommodate the new direction.

 Taken is not in the original story, but since I slightly changed the direction of the story I needed to add in this chapter to accommodate the new direction

Note: This is a picture of Gina Morris I made with DAZ.

Chapter Three: Taken

Meanwhile in upstate New York...

In upstate New York at a large estate known as the Drell Institute a young woman flew out of her bed and down the long hallway after awaking from a horrible nightmare. She was screaming to the top of her lungs waking up every being sleeping behind all the doors she passed.

A few heads peeked out of the once closed doors. Laura Demsey was one of the stranger people who lived at the Drell Institute, starting out as a student she was now a student advocate and guidance counselor. 

It wasn't often that she freaked out like this and never in the middle of the night but this was a special circumstance. She ran down the adjoining corridor and banged hard on one of the closed doors.

"Gina, wake up, please!" he shouted in a frantic tone. "Open the door!"

She stood there for what seemed like forever banging on the door. More spectators came to see what was going on. Finally the door opened just as an older man approached. "Laura, what's wrong?"

She stood there distraught as the young teenager with the light blond hair stood in her doorway confused by her presence there. "I had a dream," Laura said as the look a worry grew deeper on her face. Then she turned to the blonde girl. "It was about you."

"Me?" the blonde girl said with her the palm of her hand on her heart. "Why would you be having a dream about me?"

"Because... because..." she couldn't finish the statement. She looked over at the older man. "Gina's going to die."

"Are you sure that's what you saw?" he asked. The younger woman looked terrified, and Laura hated when she had dreams about death, because there was never anything she could do to change it.

*"Yes," Laura said forcefully. "I saw Gina standing by the docks, and then this demon with wings came out of the sky and swallowed her up." Gina looked at if she didn't believe it. Laura's story sounded like it came out of one of those horror movies she always watched. "We can't let this happen, Doctor Drell...not again."

"Don't worry, Laura," he said coming close to her and trying to comfort her. She had omens of death before and every one of them had come true, but this time she wanted to stop it. Gina was her friend, and one of few people who didn't look on her as weird or crazy.

"What are we going to do?" Laura asked. She looked straight at Doctor Drell barely even noticing Gina was standing there in her half open doorway.

"Well, as long as Miss Morris stays on the grounds and away from the docks she'll be safe," Doctor Drell prattled on. Laura was listening but Gina was becoming annoyed with them both.

"Do you think that will keep her safe, or should we hire a bodyguard?" Laura asked but before Doctor Drell could answer the question Gina's voice came screaming.

"Would you two stop!?" she shouted and came in between them. "The both of you talk like I'm not even here. I'm not a child and I don't need a baby sister."

She stormed down the hall and out of sight. Laura looked ashamed and worried. "I think I need to go after her," Laura said and quickly excused herself and went in search of her friend. She just hoped she could smooth things over with her.

To Be Continued...

A portrait of Laura Demsey I made with DAZ