Chapter One

Read at your own risk, I realise the story isn't well written, this was my first story (i was 13) and it's only still published for nostalgia, so i can look back on it 😊 anyway, if you still wanna read go ahead, it's completed >.< Smol spoiler, but I have to put a disclaimer due to come nasty comments. There is NO incest in this book, even though it seems like it at one point.

"You can't run, I'll catch you. You can't hide, I'll find you. So why don't you just give up, Sophia, darling." His deep, menacing voice threatened from behind me.

My step faltered for a moment. How does he know my name?! I was breathing hard and my feet pounded on the pavement in the dark allyway as I desperately tried to get away. Away from who? I don't exactly know.

I could hear my pursuer gaining on me with every step I took, at an impossible speed. Though it sounded almost as if they were... Holding back?

Why did I come into the alleyway in the first place? Oh. Right. Because it's a shortcut to my house and I'm too bloody lazy to walk the extra ten minutes. That, and the fact that I totally bunked off school and don't want my parents to know.

Trust me, I regret that decision.

I kept going, hoping to either out run him and get home -unlikely- or find somewhere to hide.

Option number two sounded like a good way to go.

Then I remembered his previous and only words.

"You can't run, I'll catch you. You can't hide, I'll find you"

That got me panicking.

I could hear his footsteps growing nearer and nearer. Suddenly, I swerved into a side alley and slid behind a skip. Hoping I'd disorientate him, that he'd not seen me and he'd speed past.

Trying to calm my breathing and erratic heartbeat, I counted under my breath. Something I always do when I'm stressed.

'One... Two...'

Someone grabbed me from the right, tugging me out of my hiding place. He lifted me up by my coat so that I was face to face with him. I couldn't see what he looked like, it was too dark. But it was definitely a male figure like I'd guessed, the broad set of the shoulders and the raw strength told me that much.

Laughing, in a threatening voice he whispered "Three" and covered my mouth with his hand so I couldn't shout for help or scream. Though I still tried, but he just pressed down harder, so much harder that it hurt.

I felt his breath on my ear, causing my pounding heart to pick up even more speed. "Caught you. I do love dragging out the chase. It makes things much more... Interesting. This life can be awfully boring sometimes"

He lowered me so I was on my feet facing him, them he spun me around and placed one of his arms across my stomach and the other just below my collar bone. Damn, this position would be nearly impossible to escape from...

Though, like before, it didn't stop me trying. I struggled desperately, trying to free myself from his iron grip.

"Stop struggling darling you won't escape from me. Ever. That's a promise." His tone was sinister, giving me shivers.

Like hell I'd accept that! I don't want to go with him. Correction, I won't go with him. He's probably a rapist or a murderer or something! And I was his newest victim!

"Oh, I'm so much worse than a rapist or a murderer, human. I'm worse than anything your mind can conjure" he hissed into my ear, not once relaxing the grip he had on me as if he knew I would try something.

I froze for a moment, a little surprised that he called me 'human' and said he was much worse than anything I could think of. For one, he's human as well and two, how did he know what I was thinking?!

I squirmed more, desperate to get away, to get home. Damn, I wish I'd taken my mum up on the offer of those kickboxing lessons...

I will get home, no matter what. I wanted to see my smiling younger sister and my loving mother and father again. I will see them again!

I began to kick, aiming for his man parts, which seemed my best chance of making him let go. But he sidestepped all my kicks with supernatural grace.

"Let me go!" I tried to say, but with his hand over my mouth it sounded more like "lurfemogoo!" But he understood perfectly, I knew it.

"Now now, be a good slave. I don't want to hurt you on your first night..."

Slave?! WHAT! He can go fuck himself if he thinks he's going to get away with calling me a slave! This is 2016, and slaves don't exist in England anymore!

"Yes... you're me new slave. Or, if you prefer, food supply. And if you ever use language like that again I'll tear out your vocal chords" he hissed into my ear, sounding fed up already.

I didn't quite catch anything after 'slave'.  That was more than enough for my mind to dwell on... Who is this man?

I stayed silent, the fight draining from me. I sighed, defeated. For now. But he has another thing coming if he thinks I've actually given up. I'm just waiting for a chance to run, the second he drops his guard.

He smirked down at me. So he new I'd given up. At least that's what he thinks.

He moved to pick me up, and I stepped back. If he managed to get hold of me, I knew he wouldn't give me a chance to get away. This is my only opportunity.

I may not be able to hide from him, but let's try out running. Even though he arrogantly stated he'd find me either way. What a creep.

As I turned to run, I saw his expression. It was scarily calm, calculating. As if he was examining me, figuring out what I would do next. It was weird, almost as if he was concentrating intensely on something.

I tore my gaze away from his face and sprinted back towards the store, the closest place where I knew for definite there were people. I didn't know if I would make it home, this guy is like Usain Bolt!

I only made it a couple of steps before I was hoisted up by my collar again like a disobedient dog.

I heard him tutting at me as my legs flailed. He was silent for a moment, and I was unsure what he was going to do. Was he going to kill me? Drug me?

He did neither of these things. He drew closer, and whispered into my ear, his voice deathly calm and unearthly steady.

"If you run again, I won't think twice about killing you. Got it?"

I nodded numbly, unable to speak. Seemingly satisfied, he put me down before picking me up and slinging me over his shoulder, so I was face first in his chest.

Somehow, minutes later, I managed to drift into an uneasy sleep.

For now, I would give in to this creep. But the second I was wake and alert, I'd find away to make him pay.