Chapter Thirty Two

? Unknown POV ?
It was disgusting, watching that filthy vampire kissing my girl earlier. But with all the chaos at the moment, this is my chance. I'll have her all to myself now.

My girl was laying on the bed, exhausted and unconscious. I silently widened the already open window and slipped through the gap into the room, my feet hitting the floor with a soft thud.

The place reeked of bloodsuckers, almost making me gag and leave. But I remembered what I'm here for, and that washed all my doubt away. I will retrieve what I came for.

I walked swiftly to the bed that my girl was asleep on, and scooped her up into my arms. I'm going to save her from all this chaos, save her from those disgusting vampires.

All the pieces were slowly gliding into place.

Tyson's POV
I felt a foreign presence in the house, upstairs. Throwing one more suspicious look at Chase, I left the room. As much as I wanted to keep an eye on my brother, curiosity and worry for Sophia made up my mind.

I heard footsteps following me, and a brief glance behind me told me it was Tristan, followed by Flynn.

I stopped and turned to face them. "Why are you following me!" I demanded, not meaning to sound as angry as I did.

"You think we can't tell that something is wrong with Chase? We can tell too, you know. We're just not stupid enough to show it! You just told him 'I know something is wrong, and I will find out' through the way you were looking at him!" Tristan said, glaring at me.

"Why'd you follow me, though?" I asked, getting impatient. I need to see who's upstairs, since we're all down here and Sophia is alone!

They both pointed at the ceiling in sync. With all the bickering, I'd briefly forgotten about the presence I'd sensed.

I motioned for them to follow me, since it was obvious they weren't going to leave anytime soon.

The stink of the intruder led us to Sophia's room, like I thought.

"Sophia?" I asked, but got no reply.

Flynn huffed impatiently. "Just open the damn door!"

I rolled my eyes at him, and opened the door.

The smell hit me like a brick wall. A disgusting wet dog smell, mixed with another strange smell that made me head spin, but I couldn't place.

Werewolf.

A hooded figure held Sophia within his arms. He turned to look at us and smirked before jumping from the window, not giving us enough time to see his face.

I ran to the window and looked out. No one was there anymore.

"Um, Tyson? Little help please?" Flynn said, voice panicky.

I turned around to see Tristan on the floor hugging his knees, surrounded by brilliant red fire. The fire seemed to be coming from his skin. He looked up, his eyes a blazing red.

"You... Have to... Leave!" He shouted.

He's about to lose all control, and he could kill us all!

I felt my own power swirl within me, threatening to burst out. All the emotions in the room hit me at once, and I stumbled. I looked worriedly at Flynn, but he was having his own problems, kneeling on the floor clutching his head.

I looked urgently around the room, hoping to find the cause. And I did.

On the floor, scattered around the window, were Veratrum petals.

Veratrum is highly poisonous to humans, but it's worse for vampires. It makes us go insane, lose control over our powers. If exposed to it long enough, we could die.

I ran over to the window and hurriedly threw the petals out, then dragged Tristan and Flynn from the room before slamming the door behind us.

But, in all the panic and confusion, the stranger has taken Sophia from us.

And I have no idea how we're going to get her back.

Sophia's POV
When I came to, I found myself tied to a chair. Brilliant. I always find myself in these situations, somehow. No matter where I go.

"Finally. I thought you'd never wake up, Princess Kira"

Crouching down in front of me was a young man with hazel eyes and chestnut hair. He looked a little scary, the way he was eying me.

He undid the ropes binding me and stretched out his hand.

"Cole" he said.

"Where am I? And who are you?"

"Cole" he answered again, withdrawing his arm. "And you are in my territory, because you're mine"

Honestly, I'm fed up of hearing 'you're mine'

"I'm not yours" I replied simply.

He nodded. "You're right. You're not mine yet, but you will be, Princess. Those filthy bloodsuckers will never lay a hand on you again. I am Cole, second eldest child of King Damien, leader of werewolves, and I want you to be my Princess, my bride"