Chapter Three

I swear I saw fangs... What is he? A vampire? No, that's ridiculous. I'll be put in a mental asylum if I start spouting that crap...

I shook the thought out of my head and kept running.

I had no idea where I was going. The corridors seemed endless, stretching on and on like a maze.

I was barefoot, and the soles of my feet killed. They slapped violently on the floor as I ran on, making me painfully away of them.

My breathing increased, and I could hear myself panting. I was too frightened to care much, though. I dreaded to think what would happen if he- if Chase caught up to me.

My pace slowed as I realised I had no idea where I was going, nor where the exit was. I was completely lost.

Panicking, I sped up again, hoping I'd come across some stairs or something. All I knew was that I needed to go down.

I didn't slow my pace as I went, despite my whole body screaming at me to stop. The adrenaline flooding through my veins wouldn't allow me to slow down, even if I wanted to.

And I knew that if I did, Chase would catch up to me. I couldn't really hear him behind me anymore. Not that I was going to stop and check.

His name did make me laugh, albeit briefly. Chase, and he was chasing me.

My laughter was short lived, though. Caught up in my thoughts, I wasn't looking where I was going. And I smacked into something hard. Face first.

Stupid, stupid Sophia! I thought angrily as I rubbed  my nose. I can't believe I'd run into a wall or something! I looked at what I had run into.

Not a what, a who.

A handsome man with styled blond hair and blue eyes was glaring down at me. Despite his face being contorted into a glare, he was still extremely good looking.

I tried to sidestep around him, but he blocked my path and smiled at me. His sudden change of expression startled me, and I hesitated.

I planned to just side step him and keep running, but his breathtaking smile and icy blue eyes held me in place, mesmerised.

"I've never seen the likes of you before. Care to tell me your name, beautiful lady?" He placed a hand behind his back, and bowed. He offered his other hand to me, a red rose appearing out of no where.

Then he grinned, his tone changed and he grabbed me by the wrist.

"Oh, a cute little human!" He whispered next to my ear before shouting, "Tyson! Chase! Who does this stunning young human belong to? I've acquired a new blood bag if she isn't claimed in 5... 4... 3-"

Before the stranger holding my wrist could finish saying three, two identical men appeared. I had to do a double take. What the...

"You ruined my game, little brother!" One of the men snarled. "That's my human, and we were merely playing a little game"

"Why did you ruin my sleep, baby brother?" The other moaned, looking indignant. I almost laughed at his innocent, childlike expression.

While they were bickering, I started to notice differences between the two men. One had emerald green eyes while the other had pitch black eyes. They both had the same floppy fringed black hair though.

Just as I was trying to comprehend these unusual men, another man appeared. And I thought things couldn't get any weirder.

The fourth man had dyed red hair and big chocolate brown eyes, like a cute puppy. His eyes were kind, but sorrowful.

"Why didn't you call for me, Flynn, she could be mine" He said in a jokey tone, but his eyes looked as if they were challenging my current captor.

"You don't believe in keeping humans as slaves, Tristan. She can't possibly be yours" his eyes held equal challenge, his arms wrapping around my waist, pulling my closer to his lean, muscular body. I could practically feel his muscles rippling as he moved.

Chase. Tyson. Flynn. Tristan. All brothers.

"Doesn't matter anyway, because she's my human!" Chase shouted. "Hand her over, Flynn" his tone was dark, threatening.

I tried to ignore them, wriggling in the man I think is Flynn's arms.

"Say, Tristan? Would you like a drink?" Flynn laughed, making eye contact with Tristan, as if he was mocking him.

"You're all sick bastards" Tristan said, looking disgusted before he disappeared.

"At least we don't drink from actual blood bags! Gross!" Flynn shouted after him.

"Never mind him, Flynn, give my human back" Chase demanded, no room for negotiation in his voice,

I felt Flynn brush my blonde hair aside, then I felt his breath fan across my neck. I shuddered, and tried to pull away. But his hold on me was too strong.

"Stay still, little human. I could crush you so easily. Be a good girl" he kissed me neck.

Without warning, Flynn was ripped away from me. I spun around, to see Chase on the ground above Flynn, hands around his throat.

"You are not to act on your own, brother. If you lay a hand on my human again, I swear I'll kill you, sibling or not"

Flynn just laughed. "Mother wouldn't let you lay a hand on me. After all, I am her favourite" he grinned at Chase.

I could hear Tyson laughing from behind me, but I didn't turn to look.

Chase made an irritated, inhumane growling sound. Flynn raised his hands in mock surrender, and Chase let him go.

He turned to me.

"Well, since Flynn ruined our little game, let's go back to my room. I need to claim you as my own, so you can never run away again"

I stared at him. What the hell does he mean? I don't even want to know.

I didn't stick around to find out. I ran, even though I knew my chances of actually getting away from the four brothers was slim. Extremely slim.
_________________________
This is my first story in first person, and it's honestly a little weird to write 😂 I'm not used to this 😬