Chapter Twenty Five

Sophia's POV

As dawn began to break, Tyson swiftly carried me in his arms up to my new room. Placing me gently on the bed, he kissed my forehead lightly before turning to leave.

"Goodnight my Princess" he whispered before he left, letting me get some sleep.

I slept well, until I was awoken by the door creaking open, much to my annoyance. Though I slept well, I don't feel like I got enough sleep at all.

An unrecognisable shadowy figure stood in the doorframe, I could feel their eyes on me. I pulled the covers over my head like a scared child, completely forgetting where I was.

"Why are you afraid?" A familiar voice asked, instantly comforting me. No longer afraid, I emerged from beneath the covers, though I still couldn't see much more than his outline but I knew the voice.

Tristan.

I felt better, but then I remembered the conversation I'd overheard. All the lies he's been feeding me, the pretense, everything.

'But I've been nice to her ever since she got here' only so I'd choose him.

'I don't usually treat them as equals' yet again, he was only nicer to me so I'd choose him.

Even though back then I was just a slave, they were unaware I was their sister and I didn't have to choose. So maybe he did just do nice stuff for the sake of being nice, because he actually liked me. Oh well, there's plenty more lies to go from.

'They shouldn't be slaves, but they're still below us in the hierarchy' so he lied to me when he said I was an equal. He never believed that.

'I think I love you' lies.

'I want to be with you' lies.

'I hate my brothers' lies.

LIES LIES LIES. He never did anything just to be nice to me! He only wants one thing- to be King!

Tristan turned the light on and came to sit on the bed next to where I lay. I shuffled away, not caring that his expression was filled with hurt.

"Are you okay, Sophia? You're acting a little weird, are you sick?" He asked softly.

I closed my eyes and turned my head away from him.

"Did I do something wrong?" He pressed, sounding more than a little desperate. It was then I realised that I couldn't contain my feelings any longer, my emotions overwhelming me. Sensing this, he draped an arm around me reassuringly, encouraging me to let my feelings loose.

"You're nothing but a liar! You never loved me and you never even cared for me! The only thing you want is to be King! Everything you did, everything you said, you only had one goal. God dammit, you don't even see me as an equal!" My voice was getting louder and louder with each sentence as I got angrier and angrier.

"You can't really believe that I'm like that, Sophia" he said quietly.

He's right, I don't believe he's like that, I can't believe he's like that. But I can't just forgive him, not now, not after everything!

"I don't even want to be King. I just want to be with you. Because I love you. I didn't feel that way at first, but my feelings have changed. And I'll admit, I don't see humans as equals. But you're different" he confessed.

"But that's only because I used to be a vampire, and I'm your sister, isn't it!" I shouted, feeling tears form at the edge of my eyes as I fought to keep my voice steady.

"It pains me to even think you really believe that's true" he murmured.

We staying silent, until I did something that surprised us both. I hugged him and began sobbing into his shirt, unable to stay mad at him despite everything.