Chapter Twenty Six

Uh I haven't updated in forever I'm so sorry 😁

Unedited
______________
"It's been in his system too long, that old hospital blood won't help him. He needs fresh blood!" Tristan shouted at me as Chase finished chucking up all the bloody contents of his stomach.

Tristan was looking panicked and extremely worried, I've never seen him like this before. It's scaring me, and I don't know what I can do that would be helpful. I'm only human!

Wait. That's it, I'm human!

"How can I get him fresh blood soon? He probably only has a few minutes before he dies!" Tristan continued muttering to himself, pulling at his hair as he paced a small circle in the spacious bathroom.

"I could give him my blood" I whispered quietly, unsure of what else I could offer. Being human, this was all I could do for him...

Tristan glared at me over his shoulder, a surprisingly hostile expression for him. I'd like to blame it on the stress, but I know they not very likely. And he confirmed that thought when he protested.

"No! That will only strengthen the bond between you! I mean, um..." he trailed off, regretting his outburst. "Stay here. I'm going to get one of Flynn or Tyson's humans"

I cringed at the way he just casually called them humans rather than people or something. He's changed. Or maybe his previous self was an act.

Tristan left, and the reality of the situation kicked in. Chase could die. If Tristan is too slow. He could die. Gone. Disappear forever. Dead.

No longer caring what Tristan said, I shoved my wrist into his mouth.

No response.

I lifted his head so that I could place my neck over his mouth.

No response.

Quickly, I looked around the bathroom, my gaze scanning the area, looking for the something that would help.

Soap, shampoo, hair gel, towel, comb, razor...

Razor. That's it!

I rushed over to the sink and grabbed Tristan's razor. I took some deep breath before summoning the courage to slash the razor across my wrist. Gasping in pain and fighting back tears, I opened Chase's mouth and put my wrist against it, letting my blood run into his mouth and down his throat.

Moments later, his hands grabbed my wrist and pressed it deeper into his mouth, his eyes still closed.

He wasn't conscious, I realised. He was acting merely on instinct, making this that bit more dangerous for me. He could easily drain me dry and have no idea what he did until he wakes up, but I tried not to dwell on that thought.

I heard his fangs snap out, and without hesitation he plunged them deep into my wrist, making a guttural growling sound.

I bit my lip, trying to hold back tears and to prevent me from screaming.

He'd been drinking from me for a good minute now, and I was feeling really faint, black spots beginning to appear in my vision. I tried to pull my wrist away from him, but he held me fast with his strong grip.

"Chase... stop..." I whispered as I went limp and passed out, falling onto him.

Chase's POV

I woke up with a severe headache, which is unusual since I'm a vampire and we rarely get sick.

Then the memories of last night came flooding back in a sudden rush.

My brain and my body had seemed to be working against each other, so while my brain was saying stop, my instinct and my body were saying take her. She's yours. And I couldn't do anything to stop myself.