- g -

michael loved hanging out with alex.

michael barely even saw calum anymore, because calum had suddenly decided to dedicate literally every second of his life to ashton. michael assumed that the soulmates were constantly either texting, or together.

michael was hanging out with jack more since jack and alex were friends, and michael decided that jack wasn't nearly as bad as he had thought he was before. actually, he wasn't bad at all. it finally made sense to michael why jack had similar tattoos to michael, because they were literally almost the same person. jack was outgoing like michael, and they even had similar mannerisms. the only difference was that michael was lazier than jack.

it was a little bit heartbreaking to see alex beginning to fall in love with jack over the last month of school, but it also made michael feel like it was christmas inside. he loved love. and michael remembered the moment that jack had chased after him one day to get his attention. it was like déjà vu. like when calum had come to tell him about ashton.

"michael! hey, can i talk to you?" jack ran behind michael, who was just trying to get to the lunch line before the mob of people got there first. jack caught up and folded his arms. "how are you?"

"good?" michael responded. this was back in the mid-between area of their friendship where they were still getting used to each other again. "what's going on, jack?"

jack had rubbed the back of his neck before going to whisper to michael. "i can see the colors."

"what?!" michael had jumped at jack's words, and he had the temporary fear that jack was michael's soulmate.

"alex. alex is my soulmate and now i'm constantly seeing 'brown' everywhere!" jack ran his hand through his hair in slight frustration. "i mean, his eyes are beautiful, but brown everywhere? god, michael, it's like a sepia filter or whatever."

michael didn't understand. both the sepia thingy and what jack had just confessed. michael had called it, but he didn't actually think it would all happen this quick.

"how long have you known?" michael inquired, and jack flushed while looking down to the pavement.

"since day one," he coughed, and michael felt like he was getting all blushy. he was a little jealous of jack, but he was also so happy for him.

"does alex know?" michael asked excitedly, and jack shook his head.

"no no no way. i don't want to tell him until he says something first."

"what if he's waiting for you to say something?" michael chuckled lightly. jack was an enigma. one minute he was a cocky little bastard, and the next he was too scared to confess the truth.

jack paused and scratched his chin in thought. an idea appeared to click in his mind. "you tell me if he says anything to you! if he tells you that he sees the colors too before he talks to me about it, you can give me a little heads up!"

michael thought the idea was pretty dumb and that jack should just go and confess to alex when he felt ready, but he didn't want jack to go back to hating him again. so michael just nodded again with a little smile.

"sure. i can do that for you, jack," michael smiled at jack before speaking again. "i should probably go to go buy my lunch now..."

"oh, hey same. you wanna go out to mcdonalds with me? like as friends, duh. it'll be quicker than waiting for this mystery meat."

michael thought about it for a moment before nodding again.

it was so refreshing to be friends with alex and jack again. even if he was technically going to be the third wheel, he never felt more included.

for those of you who are like, "is luke even in this goshdarn story. wtf this is more of a jalex fic or cashton or something"

wHAT IF I TOLD YOU THAT IM 99% SURE THAT ILL GET LUKE IN BY CHAPTER 'L' ???

hopefully that'll happen (: