- j -

"alex, wake the fuck up," michael shook the sleeping boy beside him, and alex stirred. he opened one eye slowly, and groaned when he saw how bright it was in the plane.

    "what is it, michael?" he asked and michael smiled.

"we're going to be landing in like, five minutes!" michael squealed. they'd already been traveling for basically forever it felt like, and they'd transferred flights in DC.

   alex groaned, and shifted in his seat so that he was sitting up. the two were both so badly jet-lagged, but michael was too excited to care about that.

   the five minutes until they landed felt like another hour to michael, and the twenty minutes it took for them to finally be able to exit the plane felt like an eternity. but when they finally were on solid land, michael basically ran to the baggage claim, and alex dragged slowly behind him, trying not to lose the excited boy in the crowded american airport. they landed in columbus, so they weren't very far from ohio state university, the college that michael would start classes for by the end of the week.

     michael was found frowning by alex, because it was taking forever for his bag to appear on the funny little conveyer belt thingy that was carrying the baggage around in a circle until it was claimed. alex immediately found his luggage and picked it up. he placed his suitcase protectively between him and michael, and slung the guitar case over his shoulder.

    "you sure this is the right one?" alex asked, and michael nodded. it was obvious though, because why else would alex's luggage have been there?

  "absolutely positive."

    "well, we have time. we can wait." alex sighed, and he folded his arms. michael thought that alex looked so tired.

    "just because we physically can wait doesn't mean that i want to!" michael groaned.
the two boys stood and stared at the conveyer belt until michael's suitcase finally came around the corner. michael literally cheered aloud and grabbed the stuffed bag.

    "so all we have to do now is get a ride to your college," alex sighed, and ran a hand through his slightly knotted fringe.

    luckily for them, there was quite the selection of taxi cabs to choose from already waiting at the airport as if they had nothing better to do with their lives. they found a driver that looked younger, and less scary than the other ones. the fee was going to be twenty american dollars, and michael suddenly realized that he really needed to convert his money. and soon.

   the drive through the city of columbus amused michael. they drove on the opposite side of the road. it made michael laugh internally. that, and everything felt bigger in america. all of the buildings looked like skyscrapers to michael, and there were huge billboards all over the place. it was quite different compared to the smaller australian town that michael had lived in his whole life.

   when the boys arrived at ohio state university, michael felt like he was going to explode, because he was so fucking excited. this was a whole new chapter in his life.
   the taxi pulled up to the main building, and the two boys realized that they'd have to haul around all of their luggage until they got to michael's dorm room. alex gave the driver his money, along with a small tip for not being completely horrible.

   michael was able to get his dorm key, and information from the lady who was in the main building, thank the lord. she told him to go to one of the larger brick buildings on the southern end of the campus, and michael thanked her for help.

   alex and michael walked across the large campus towards the dorms in a comfortable silence. alex could tell how excited michael was, and just let michael soak in everything at his own pace.

   "this is it," alex smiled as they walked up to a building that was obviously the men's dorms. there were a whole bunch of college guys hanging around outside, some studying, and others were playing football in the field nearby.

   michael looked to alex with excitement, and the two boys made their way inside, trying to find room B31.

   it took them a minute or so to haul their stuff up the stairs to the seconds floor, but they did it. they walked down the hallway for a minute, and at the end of the hallway (basically) was michael's dorm room.

   he pulled the small key out of the yellow envelope that the woman had given him, and he slowly went to unlock the door.

   he then got the fear inside that his roommate could quite possibly be doing something completely or utterly stupid in the room without expecting michael to just burst in, so he decided to knock.

   michael heard alex scoff from behind him at his actions, but all he did was roll his eyes in response.

he heard an 'oh shit' sound from the other side of the door, and a scrambling sound was heard. the door opened quickly and michael was hit with fucking wave of nauseating joy at the sight in front of him. oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit.

    he was the most beautiful being that michael had ever laid eyes on ever. and his eyes were blue. holy fucking shit. michael's roommate was his fucking soulmate, and it was love at first sight. and everything was blue.

"oh, shit, you must be my new roomie," 'blue' cringed. "i'm luke hemmings, but you should probably come back later." and then the door slammed shut.

"what the actual fuck?" was all that michael could stammer out before the tears began to pour down his face.