- bb -

i love updating right before i go to bed bc i like waking up to your comments and votes :)

"where are we going?" alex inquired, and michael just kept his mouth shut. he didn't know why, but he felt uncomfortable telling alex they were going to a psychologist to talk about the whole soulmate thing. he felt bad, especially since he and alex hadn't completely ignored the fact that they were compatible.

"you'll see when we get there," michael rolled his eyes, driving the car cautiously since he was a pretty new driver, at least in america.

"ooo, is it a surprise?" alex asked, his eyes lighting up. michael still didn't see their color.

"kinda?" michael didn't know whether or not a trip to the psychologist was categorized as a surprise.

"is it a date?" alex asked shyly, and michael wanted to slam on the breaks, or laugh.

instead, he just coughed awkwardly. "no, not really."

"oh, okay," alex shrugged. "michael, you've been acting different ever since i told you i can see your eye color. i knew i shouldn't have said anything."

"alex," michael sighed, stopping at a red light, "i love you, man. but just as a friend. i don't think we can keep doing the whole kissing thing. having sex with you was a one time thing."

"luke literally left your dorm room because he didn't want to be around you anymore. please don't tell me you still love him," alex groaned, smacking his hand on his face.

"alex, i don't want to fight with you." michael frowned, pulling into the psychologist's parking lot.

"this is where you're taking me? a psychologist? i don't need fucking mental help, i need you. can't you see that?" alex tugged on his blue hair in frustration.

michael just shrugged, getting out of the car.

"i can do this on my own, i just thought it'd be easier to get help with both of us."

alex sat stubbornly in his seat for a second, staring at alex with death rays before finally groaning, and getting out of the car.

"you're lucky i love you, clifford," alex chuckled.

"yeah, yeah." michael pushed it away, checking them into the psychologist's office before sitting down in one of the waiting room chairs next to alex in silence.

finally, the psychologist said he was ready to see them.

"hello, i'm doctor carson. please, call me cody." he introduced himself. "and you two are?"

(A/N: i had to make it cody carson bc he has the most soothing voice ever)

"i'm michael, and he's alex," michael introduce both of them as they were sat down on a comfy couch in a room that smelled heavily of apple spice candles.

"okay, so i saw on your application form that you both are struggling with soulmate issues? are you going through a divorce, parental disapproval, etcetera?"

michael looked to alex before deciding he should probably share the story.

"neither of those, actually. we have a complication i've never heard of anyone having: he sees my eye color, but i see someone else's eye color." michael left out the fact that jack saw alex's eye color as well.

"oh," cody seemed surprised and confused. "oh that's new."

"yeah," michael chuckled awkwardly.

"who began seeing the colors first?" cody inquired, starting to write stuff down on a piece of paper.

"i began seeing colors as soon as i met my collage dorm-mate. i never told him. i knew alex and i were compatibles, but it wasn't until two days ago that he began seeing my eye color." michael explained. alex wasn't even really paying attention.

"i see," cody nodded slowly. "and alex, how would you describe the way that michael makes you feel?"

"what?" alex snapped out of his trance before realizing the question was posed at him. "oh, um. i don't know how to describe it. he's one of my best friends. he makes me feel really safe, and we've just kinda been emotionally attached ever since..."

alex trailed off, not wanting to open up about his sex life.

"ever since what?" cody pressed, even though michael was sure he already knew the answer.

"ever since we had sex. we got drunk, and had sex. he's been seeing green ever since." michael blurted out, not needing to get half-hearted answers. alex gave him a death glare of embarrassment.

"i see," cody smiled a half-smile while scribbling some notes down on his paper. "well, i think i have a simple answer for both of you."

"okay," michael leaned closer to cody in anticipation.

"we are, generally, emotional beings. we feel, and therefore, we are. what we have here is emotional attachment in its grandest form."

"you think i'm lying?" alex's cheeks grew flushed, his eyes starting to glass over. he was nearly proving the point. "you think i'm making this up in my mind?"

"your mind is the most powerful thing about you. as soon as you figured out you and michael were compatibles, your mind sought for a way to make sense of it."

"that's why you dyed your hair." michael whispered to himself, and alex looked like he wanted to hit something.

"i'm not making this up!"

"alex, you might love michael, but you aren't in love with michael. your feelings are based on a sex related emotional attachment. the only way to overcome this, is to try and let it go." cody explained.

and alex was up and out the door before anyone could say anything else.

thoughts & feedback?

but also today i actually started listening to jule vera and theyre so good? why did it take me this long to start listening to them?

love you all :)