- i -

"are you sure you have everything?" michael's mom asked him for probably the twentieth time since they had gotten in the car on the way to the airport. apparently after the day before, jack was driving with alex up to the airport to say goodbye there. michael thought it was sweet, but he was praying that jack wasn't suddenly going to get gutsy and confess the truth to alex, because then what if alex decided to stay in australia?

call michael selfish, but he didn't want to go up there alone. that, and alex should be able to go with his life, and if the soulmate thing really works, they'll end up together no matter what happens.

"i'm sure, mom," michael chuckled from his seat. he wasn't playing on his phone like he normally would because he didn't want to waste the battery, plus he had a long ass flight ahead of him. sure, he'd be partially entertained by alex, but alex would have to sleep eventually and then what would michael do? he was certain that he wouldn't be able to catch a single wink of sleep, because the excitement would probably be way too much for him to bear.

they pulled into the airport parking lot, and michael began to shake with excitement and nervousness. alex and jack were already there. alex had a suitcase to the right of him, and a guitar case slung over his shoulder. the two boys seemed to be creating small talk, but they stopped when they saw michael. alex smiled wide, but jack only had a small half smile painted across his lips. michael went to hug jack first.

"you have no clue how much i'm going to miss both of you," jack groaned as he hugged michael back. "i'll just have to go to a shit-ton of college parties so i can make new friends since you fuckers are leaving me."

alex chuckled, and before michael pulled away from the hug, jack whispered to him: "please take care of him. make sure he doesn't find someone else."

michael nodded at jack with a smile before turning over to look at his mother, and only then realized that he had left her to bring his suitcase out.

"i am quite possibly the worst son ever i'm sorry i should've gotten that," michael cringed, and she just shrugged it off.

((A/N: im boring and have only been on a plane twice so im not gonna go into accurate details wow sorry this is inaccurate friends))

"flight 22a now boarding!" was called through the speakers, and alex and michael looked to each other with wide eyes. their flight would be called soon. family and friends without tickets weren't allowed through security. they'd have to say goodbye now.

michael squeezed his mother tight, and she shed a few tears as she reminded him to call and facetime and just keep his family updated. michael nodded in response, and shared his final goodbye to her. he was going to college.

he then moved over to jack, and pulled him into a final bro hug. he also told him to get a kik so that the three of them could text without having to pay international fees or some shit like that.

michael watched as jack and alex hugged, and he just wished that alex would realize that he and jack were soulmates, because the pair would honestly be so fucking adorable, and michael just needed them to get together.

michael and alex grabbed their suitcases and brought them over to give them to the workers so that they could check them/ stash them for the plane. then they passed through security slowly, but surely. when they made it to the area where their flight was scheduled to be boarded, they heard their flight get called over the intercom.

'perfect timing', michael thought. this was really happening.