- kk -

michael waved a small, shy goodbye to luke as he left the johnny rockets with jack. their kissing session ended when michael pulled away to see luke staring at him in a way that made michael feel beautiful. he felt like a rare diamond (emerald?) that luke had finally found. they had walked back into the johnny rockets in silence, luke giving him a tight hug before walking back over to the now fuming arzalea, an untouched basket of fries in front of her. michael had seen jack shooting him a large thumbs up when he walked back in with luke, and michael had just smiled widely in response.

as soon as they were a decent distance away from the restaurant, jack turned to michael and began to pester about what had happened.

"what did he say? does he love you? y'all gonna start banging like rabbits?" jack rambled, and michael just flushed, running his hand over his face steadily.

"oh my god, it was like a scene cut out of a nicholas sparks novel. he told me he was sorry, and that he felt like an awful person, and how i meant the world to him, and that he could see my eyes." michael couldn't contain his smiles as he talked about what luke had said. "and then he kissed me. jack, it was the most perfect thing i've ever felt. i thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest."

"michael, i'm so happy for you," jack smiled, nudging him lightly as they walked.

"yeah," michael smiled. he felt his smile falter as he thought about the fact that luke's eyes were open while they kissed. that wasn't normal, was it?

"michael," jack questioned lightly, grabbing his wrist to stop him from walking. "what's wrong?"

"it's really stupid," michael ran his hand through his hair, trying to push away the subject. jack just raised his eyebrow in a 'you think i believe that bullshit?' kind of way.

michael breathed in deeply before responding. "when i pulled away from the kiss, his eyes were open. he wasn't looking at me disgusted or anything, but his eyes were open. that's not normal."

jack looked off in the distance in thought, not knowing how to explain what had happened, because he had no clue.

"i'm sure it's fine, mikey. he was probably just... i don't know. but he kissed you. he said he could see your eyes. there shouldn't be a problem there."

"okay." michael shrugged. he didn't believe that nothing was up, and he tried to push it out of his mind, but it just wouldn't leave him alone.

later that day, luke stood in front of the mirror in his bathroom, just staring at himself with his head cocked to the side. he looked down at the clothes he was wearing, at the bottles of shampoo in his shower, the tiles on the floor, and then back to himself. he was in complete awe; he couldn't describe the phenomenon he was experiencing in that moment.

he pinched himself lightly at first before pinching himself even harder.

"this is impossible," he whispered to himself, leaning closer to the mirror, taking a closer look at his own eyes. at his skin. at his hair.

he reached out to touch the mirror. it was real. his clothes were real. his skin was real. everything there was real, and he wasn't asleep.

so why was everything so colorful?

why could he see the green toothpaste tube, and his pansy pink lips, and his cerulean eyes, and his dirty blonde hair? why could he see the red and navy on his shirt? why was everything pigmented according to the rainbow instead of greyscale?

it hadn't been like this until he conquered his fears of loving michael, and kissed him. he hadn't been able to see all the colors until he opened his eyes experimentally during the kiss, and noticed the pigment of michael's skin, and the blue sky behind him, and the yellow lines on the road.

he didn't want to blink. he didn't want to close his eyes in fear of losing what sight he had. he wanted to show what he saw to the world, and yet he didn't know how. he didn't know how to get people to see what he saw.

and that's when luke made a decision: he would never hide his feelings again, because before he released how he felt to the world, everything was grey.

but now the world was the most beautiful luke had ever seen, and he was the only one who could see it the way it was intended to be.

thoughts & feedback?

i finally know where im going with this :))))

oh also, fun fact: michael saw lukes eyes in - j - , and luke saw michaels eyes in - jj - i feel like such a purposeful writer :))))

throwback to when i used to not like blink-182 and now im obsessed with the song sober guys halp

also, listen to forget me not by marianas trench if you want to cry, because i cry. it so sad :((((

love,,,