- v -

okay but alex dyed his hair this color irl and then like six months later michael dyed his hair almost the same blueish color with a tinged of green isnt that fancy dancy oKay continue ive updated so much

michael woke up to a throbbing headache in his full sized bed in his dorm room to the sound of loud snoring. he sat up and rubbed the back of his head, wondering why luke would suddenly be snoring so loud (he'd never snored before ?) and why he felt so cold.

and then it hit him.

michael was only wearing his boxers, which became apparent to him surprisingly slow despite the fact that he was literally not wearing a shirt (duh?), but he immediately felt exposed, and wrapped the comforter around himself. and then he realized his boxers were on inside out.

that was followed directly by an awkward five seconds of him literally smacking himself in the face.

and then, michael realized that alex was literally sleeping on the floor, literally butt naked, and michael wanted to literally propel himself out the window.

kids, this is why we don't get drunk.

first of all, michael figured out that alex had a soulmate tattoo on his butt of a four leaf clover, and wondered if he had a tattoo on his ass as well. michael personally thought it was pretty cool, but decided that he probably shouldn't bring it up later.

instead, he tossed his comforter on top of alex, scrambled over to his drawer to grab some sweatpants and a green day shirt, and went to the bathroom to get changed.

when he came back out, alex was thankfully still asleep. michael quickly took two pills and threw alex's skinny jeans on luke's still made bed along with a white muscle tank and some boxers. michael wanted to get out of there before alex woke up and realized what had happened.

'if he doesn't remember, that is,' michael thought to himself, shivering at the thought of doing anything sexual not with his soulmate.

michael had never done anything sexual with anyone, and he threw that all away to one of his best friends.

fuck.

michael grabbed his wallet and his key and quickly exited the room, shutting the door quietly behind himself.

he turned off the location feature on his phone so alex couldn't find him that way because he was so so afraid of the awkward conversations that would follow what had happened the night before.

michael was really only positive of one thing: at least he didn't bottom.

he walked briskly to really any place that was close by, but not too close to be obvious, and not too far to walk to. because michael was lazy, and had a migraine.

and that's why he decided on going to an ihop that was probably two miles away according to the gps app, but it was taking him forever.

'i should really start exercising,' michael scolded himself in his head, considering going to the coffee shop luke had taken him to since it was closer, but then deciding he didn't want to see aleisha.

finally after what felt like forever, but was actually only forty five minutes, michael ended up sitting in an ihop alone on a saturday. literally college life goals.

the waitress was old, and nice enough not to acknowledge the fact that michael was alone directly, taking her sweet time conversing with him. he really wasn't into the whole, 'how are you sonny boy?' 'where are you from? i notice an accent!' 'i recommend the pecan cobbler pancakes. they're limited edition.' 'have you ever done a spinning class?' talk. it felt mentally degrading in a way.

michael ended up ordering the pecan cobbler pancakes even though he didn't really like peaches, cause it was the only way to get the old woman to leave him alone for a few minutes. the place wasn't really that crowded, and everyone who was there looked like tourists or old couples.

he knew he should've just walked another mile to the perkins, but that was too much work. he already had gone through desperate measures to not be found.

he was in a dilemma because he actually didn't have anyone to talk with about this confusing situation. if he told luke, luke would know that they're soulmates. alex was part of the dilemma, since they literally had sex. his mom would be mortified if he told her he had sex with alex, and jack would never speak to him ever again if he figured out that michael had made a drunken move on his soulmate.

"pecan cobbler pancakes," the old woman smiled, sliding the plate to michael. "can i get you more coffee?"

michael glanced to the once full pot sitting on the table, and shrugged.

"you really are something special," she chuckled, grabbing the pot. "i'll bring back a fresh one, don't you worry."

michael took one bite of the pancakes and sighed. he didn't really like them that much, and he remembered why he didn't really like peaches, but they were ten dollars so that was that.

the old woman brought back the coffee pot, refilling michael's mug for him before setting it down on the table.

he mouthed a 'thank you' to her, accompanied with a nod.

she didn't leave, instead she leaned against the chair opposite of him with one hand.

"you know, my husband used to have green eyes just like yours. they were the most beautiful eyes i'd ever seen, and i felt so grateful that those eyes were the ones i got to wake up to every day and say belonged to my soulmate. whoever your soulmate is is a lucky girl," she nodded.

"guy," michael stammered out, "he's a lucky guy. but he doesn't see it yet. i'm still waiting for him to realize."

"aw, sweetheart," she smiled sympathetically. "someday, he'll wake up and realize you're the one that he loves, and that day will be the best day of your life."

michael nodded, smiling a bit to himself.

it was true. one day, every mistake he'd ever made, luke'd ever made... it wouldn't matter. it wouldn't matter because they'd love each other, and nothing would be able to shake that.

of course, what michael didn't realize was that luke knew the truth, but he didn't know how he felt about it.

and luke didn't know if he ever would.

if you like this story, recommend it to someone

and if you like my writing style, please check out my other stories.