Chapter 9

A/N: Just to kind of explain where my thoughts led me in this chapter, I came up with a small subplot that I promise won't take up precious Han/Leia time. In "canon" EU, Sabé, one of Padmé's handmaidens, kind of works for the Organa family and trains and tutors Leia and Winter. There's also this guy named Ferus Olin who is basically what Old Ben is for Luke, but for Leia. He was a Jedi Knight and retired on Alderaan to watch over Leia after an incident where Leia nearly gets caught by the Empire after performing a feat with the Force. That's the short explanation, anyway.
  So, with Sabé, I was kind of thinking that, since she was so close to Leia's mother, she should have some kind of inkling that Leia is her daughter. That being said, some of Sabé's lines can take on a double meaning!  On a note more related to Bail and Breha's side of things, so do many of theirs in the first part. Just keep that in mind. Enjoy and leave butt-loads of comments!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  And then the exact same kind of horror swallowed Bail and Breha as they watched the different news reports, but for a few more reasons than why Rouge and Celly had. Though the reporters had made it to look like Leia had spilled the drinks and food on Prince Gram, Bail knew it hadn't been her. Well, not entirely. He had been able to tell that Leia had laid not a finger on Gram nor the waitress's trays, but the swift motion with which she'd flicked her wrist . . . it scared Bail and Breha in a way that Rouge and Celly couldn't understand. Breha was quick to grab the controller off its stand and change the channel to one of the ones that were more focused on what Leia and Gram had discussed about her relationship with Raal. That was . . . sort of better, right?

  "Leia didn't do that," Bail spoke hurriedly, trying to convince his sisters so, half trying to convince himself. "Leia couldn't have done that. She isn't capable of it." He felt a hand firmly turn him to face a different direction and he looked to see his wife standing before him, appearing just as frightened as he felt. She shook her head and told him, "Bail, you know it's possible. She could've done it."

  "I thought we'd raised her better than that! There's no way we could have taught her that! Where could she have possibly learned it from?"

  Bail caught Memily snickering, than dashing away in fear of Bail's response just as Rouge quickly strode up to him, her skirts blowing in a breeze created out of her angry fast pace with which she came. "I don't care who taught her to act like that. It is completely unacceptable and bad for our image! Do you not worry about finding her a husband?"

  "Rouge," Breha came quick to interrupt. "I'm sure she didn't mean to." She looked to Bail as she said that last part, trying to calm his racking nerves. "I think Bail and I ought to go talk about this by ourselves. Leave her alone for now."

-----------------------------------------

  "I can't just prevent these kinds of things from happening," Ferus spoke to the Organas behind closed doors and in hushed tones. "You have to trust me when I say that I am doing everything I can. You have to expect things like this to happen. Considering her-"
  "Don't," Bail quickly cut in, raising a hand. "Even say it. I understand that. I understand why these things happen. I understand that she has little control over it, but they happen too frequently for my taste."

  Only a little surprised by Bail's side on things, Ferus shook his head and told the viceroy and his wife, "You should consider yourself lucky, Viceroy. This is only the second time. And the first time was years ago! I sent a highly encrypted message to Master Kenobi and he was only surprised that this was just the second time. And, look! Leia has no idea. She is completely unaware that it was her doing. Bail, I get that you're worried, I really do, but Palpatine's convinced he's killed nearly all the Jedi and I doubt he would share so much interest in Leia. He has no idea that she carries something of his interest."