Chapter 30

A.N. Welcome, everyone, to the wedding! I'm so glad you could make it! Let's see what our party guests are up to . . .

Sorry I forgot to add the dedications! Consider this final chapter of ALS dedicated to  for her constant support and comments. Thank you for everything!

--------------------------------------

  Luke Skywalker had never been to such an occasion before. He'd never been off of Tatooine before! The smells, the sights, the sounds, all of it was almost too much for him to adjust to. Like senses overload, Luke was amazed at everything he took in from around him. From the string quartet playing soft, romantic melodies to the desserts piled high on the table across from the small, baren grass field that was being used as a dance floor. The location was gorgeous, a flower park bursting with color and sweet aromas. Luke had even heard that the bride's bouquet had been made of fresh arallutes and she was wearing a "crown" of Corellian comelinas. He'd never even been to a wedding before. Today was all sorts of excitement to witnessing new things. Although, he had no idea why his aunt and uncle were bringing him here or why they were even here. The party was obviously higher class. The bride, he'd been told, was a princess of the planet, Alderaan. All the guests had nice clothes for the occasion. As for Luke and his family, they'd pulled out their best harvest clothes.

  Awkwardly, Luke stood with his aunt and uncle against one wall. He knew he was like a human standing in a crowd of gamorreans, right now. Some cast their gazes his way, clearly wondering what he was doing here. To be honest, Luke couldn't tell them. He considered asking his uncle again, but decided against it, figuring that if his answer was anything like how he answered the last several times . . . there was no point.

  After a while of Luke just standing there ever so awkwardly and his aunt and uncle standing on their toes, looking around the park, a dark-skinned man and woman and one other older man hurried over and the woman embraced the latter man who had white, thinning hair and wore a tan robe for the occasion. "Master Kenobi!" Luke's aunt Beru called to him. She beamed at him and the old man smiled warmly back.
  "Beru, Owen, Obi-Wan," the darker-skinned man smiled at them all, moving to shake hands with Luke's aunt and uncle. "I'm glad you all could make it today. I was afraid you wouldn't be able to get off Tatooine."

  "Well," Uncle Owen squeezed the man's hand with a nod and responded. "We didn't run into too many troubles. Just our luck, huh? It was one of the safest trips I've ever made and I haven't been off of Tatooine before. None of us have."
  The one they all kept calling 'Master' smirked, saying, "I had to find them a pilot and point him in the right direction. And I got all dressed up, too." He ran a hand over his clean-shaven chin. "Shaved and all. I've been very excited to see the princess after all these years. I hope you haven't had too many troubles since I sent Jedi Olin here to watch over her."

  "Hardly any," Breha dismissed the concern with a flip of her hand. Just the occasional accident, but nothing we couldn't handle. I'm sure she's somewhere around here. As well as Ferus. Wherever they are. Oh! That reminds me, Obi-Wan, somebody else did find out."
  Luke watched as the man' face quickly grew concerned, but the woman nor her husband, so Luke assumed by the way they stood together, their hands holding each other's, seemed very concerned. "Just Sabé, but I'm sure she hasn't said a word to Leia."
  Obi-Wan nodded. "I figured it wouldn't take long before she did. How long has she known?"

  "I suspect longer than we used to think. Probably even before Ferus found out."
  "That's not too bad. I feared it would be more difficult to hide Leia's parentage considering she was being raised on a Core planet and growing up in the middle of political affairs. I was sure some senator or another would realize who her mother was, but we've been very lucky."