3

Elleanor has been moping around school. her eyes droopy with sleepiness, her natural persistence had diminished and so has her prompt happiness. This is quite unusual.

"Come on Elleanor lighten up" I said, while crunching on a bag of chips.

She eyed me over her mass of tissues that cluttered the library table. She has wanted to eat here for the last few day. Trying her best to avoid the population of james' annoying ass friends . The librarian would of kicked us out because of her loud whimpering but she let it slide because of what had happened.

News spreads fast here in South Marshall High. Really fast for a matter of fact. Not even an hour or so after the breakup I begin receiving texts, questioning the couples break. Even the librarian knows that James cheated on her with Amie Roth, The ditziest girl you would ever meet. Some say she was intoxicated when they did it. Others say he paid her, either one would of left her with a broken heart.

"Lighten up? Lighten up, Ashley my boyfriend cheated on me!" She says.

I look into her eyes, the same sorrow within them.

"Elleanor you can't let this breakup dominate your life" I protested.

She let out a deep and bloodcurdling cry and she placed her hands over her face. Mrs. Quinn rolled her eyes and shushed us, I gave her a sympathetic smile, she's put up with a lot.

"Elleanor let's go to the bathroom the period is about to end, Bye Mrs. Quinn" i call, being shushed again.

I lead her down the corner to the bathroom, Elleanor places two hands over her face while passing a group of ninth graders.She looks at herself in the mirror, "Hand me some concealer, my under eyes are terrible!"

I dig through my cluttered backpack and retrieve a coco colored concealer which I bought her yesterday.

The sides of her mouth twitched into a appreciative smile, she took it and applied the product carefully on her face.She grimaced at the blotchy makeup and ran her fingers through her tangled hair. Giving up halfway, they had become unmanageable.

I walked the whimpering Elleanor to her science class and I walked a lone path to my own class.

While working on a ridiculous assignment for English I noticed a group of girls giggling. After a couple of scolds Ms. Anderson eventually gave up and placed her head in her hands.

I begin to listen..

"So, Mario Selman was seen with a girl at Noah's party" she hissed.

I tuck a lock of hair behind my ear and try reading my poem.

Edgar Allan Poe is absolutely my favorite poet, at the moment I could not seem to fathom my thoughts together.

I begin to listen again, "I hear she was drunk as hell"

I grimace in my seat, just wanting to tell them the thrust because I can't.

"Hey Ashley " Alexis says,a girl in the group. "You like Mario Selman, right?"

I nod my head.

"Perfect! Did you hear about this mystery girl he was seen with?" Clarissa smiles.

"Oh, no sorry"

Clarissa sighs and turns around gossiping.

My fingers danced along the seams of my sleeves that i had donned and I continued to gaze at the floor.

Two periods later the bell rung, I was more then happy to leave. I let everyone push me out of their way. By now, I was a zombie. With tired eyes and in a hunger-driven frenzy.

I stared down at my phone watching one of Mario's music.lys, gosh he is adorable.

As I rewatched it I received an Instagram notification, Mario liked one of my edits, my mouth drops. This is the 20th like!

I thank him from my anonymous account, just then remembering my secret.

i was smiling widely and giggling, I refused to calm myself down. I am not too surprised that a girl who waited on a bench next to me eyed me oddly; I am a fangirl, sorry.

By the time my mom's truck pulled up my squeals had diminished but my dorky smile remained.

"Why are you smiling?" She ask, pulling out of the school parking lot.

"Well, Mario liked one of my Instagram pictures!" I said.

My mom smiled, " Congratulations, I guess?"

If she only knew the feeling of him finally noticing you, she would understand.

-
Comment, voter, and share my story to your friends!!!