14

I tried to maintain my composure in front of my mom, I really tried.

I begin to pickup the trash that was left sprawling around the floor in a hurry. It didn't take long for me to realize that my mom had left- not only that, but had slammed the door. I paled as I heard her grumble on the phone, i hope not with dad.

I threw the garbage away and raced up the stairs and locked the door behind me.

I lay on my bed, my hair in a wild mess as I attempt to fix it. As i was, I heard my phone go off. Without looking at the caller ID I answered, probably Ellanor.

I was wrong because when Ianswered my phone and the voice of the one and only mario selman said hello.I couldn't find the words to respond. Instead, i looked horrified at my phone.

"Hello?" He repeated once more.

"Hi?" I said.

I hoped he couldn't sense mu anxiousness, be cool. My palms begin to sweat and arms heavy, i was the verse from loose yourself.

"Harrison told me about you" he said. "I guess you were right"

So, he does remember now. Now, that a there was this search mission out for me when I was right in front of him.

"Right about what?" I asked.

I already knew what he was talking about, the restaurant. For a matter of fact I haven't spoken to Gabby in ages.  Just like every famous guy he moved on from Gabby. His fan, she's too stuck.

"When you told me at the restaurant that you were here, I didn't believe you-" he said.

"Well no shit" I cutoff.

I heard him sigh and the smile that I heard in his voice vanished by him clearing his throat abruptly.

"Look, I've been looking for you" he said. "Not just looking searching for you. Many people told me you're just another girl'

You can tell when a person is smiling over the phone, and I could feel like he was. That only made me annoyed. He was just trying to butter me up. I scoffed, i wanted to hang up the phone so bad, but I didn't. I couldn't.

"Your point is ?"

I was exhausted already, by far.

"You actually listened to me, you treated me like i was a person" he chuckled. "Everyone just wants something big from everyone but on that night, you just wanted to talk. Sometimes fame gets to you, and even the simplicity of a conversation makes me feel normal"

It was silent for a moment, the silence begin to corrode me. He waited for me to speak, just like what i always did, I gave in.

"Than do you want to talk?" I asked.

We lay on our beds, phone pressed against our ears for a long time; mostly, Mario spoke and I listened. He told me that he always wanted to be famous, both him and Cat, and they had stopped wishing. He said he realized how lucky he was that he got his dream. Finally, he understood.

"What's your favorite thing about the fame?" i blurted out of curiosity.

He begin to paint a picture for me, in my mind. He told me about the amazing views of the city at night from airplanes, the roaring, demanding chants that called his name, and the people he met.

"You now I wanted to be a singer, I was accepted into this school for singing" he smiled. "I miss the school and my friends"

I smiled, because i already knew. I didn't want to tell him and seem like a deranged fan..again.

"Really tell me more about it?" I asked.

So he did and somewhere in the middle of his story I begin to fall asleep. Than I also realized my dream came true. Finally I realized I was lucky too.

The morning came sooner than expected and I rubbed my eyes.  I contemplated if It was all a dream or not. So, I looked at my phone and it was real.

I called Elleanor.

Normally she wakes up later on, usually twenty minutes before school starts. Her phone rang a couple times before i heard her let out groan.

"Mario called me" i said.

I couldn't find a hint of the usual grogginess in her voice and she went off stammering.

"Waitwhatthehellithoughtyouhatedhim?" She said.

"Well, things happened yesterday" i said.

-
I sat across Elleanor as she drank her coffee with wide eyes. She took a bite from her disgusting cafeteria food and stared me down.

"What?" I asked.

She scoffed in disappointment, and took another bite of her muffin. Probably stale but that didn't seem to bother her today. She still took a large bite from the blueberry muffin.

"Why didn't you tell me ?" She asked.  "What happened everything!"

I bit my bottom lip, "its a long story really"

She shrugged her shoulders and looked at me in awe. Like I was god and I created the whole damn universe right front of her eyes.

----
Opinions on mario and ashley's phone call? How do you think Elleanor will react? Stay tooned