5

I will meet Mario in a matter of four day, what could I possibly do to prepare myself and look presentable in four days. I can't get plastic surgery to slay like Kylie or magically become a makeup wizard to make myself look hot in such short notice, clothes could work.

"Dad!" I yelled.

My father being my father groaned loudly. I could hear him munching on food he is not suppose to eat, the perks about having a diabetic dad. Catch them eating junk food, you can easily threaten your dad.

"I'm going to tell mom that you are eating that crap" i said, he put the bag down and narrowed his eyes.

"What's it gonna take for you to keep that a secret?"

Blackmailing is pretty persuasive, since my dad took me to the mall without a word spoken in the car until he stopped abruptly at the front of the mall on a Wednesday afternoon.

"Have fun" he said, before he zoomed off and I was left in a light drizzle twenty feet away from the mall's large glass doors.
I hurried into the building and shield my head with my hands. When I entered, I am engulfed by the aromas of sweet perfume and popcorn, the highly addictive smell of money being spent.

"Would you be interested in buying a new case for that phone of yours, your case looks kinda old. Want another?" A man with a scruffy beard and crooked smile asks.

Never have I ever been to a mall all by myself, it was scary and enchanting watching everyone walk amongst me.

"No thanks I am fine with what I have" i smile.

The man scratches at his scruffy beard and his crooked smile is sent away to another nearby women with long legs and hallowed eyes.

I never find anything good at malls , the clothes are either way out of my budget or three sizes too big or small. I walk into the fourth store of the day Clothes  and modeled manikins that put me to shame litter the entire store. I was happy to actually see an actual employee walk over to me because I've went up to at least  ten  manikins asking where I could find the skirts.

"Hello, my name is Georgia. Would like any assistance today maim?" She asked.

I nod my head and she smiles, "What are you looking for darling?"

I shrug my shoulders, looking just as pathetic as the the shirt she pressed against me. Viewing the variations of colors against my naturally pale skin.

"This shirt is nice" she smiled.

I looked at the boring shirt and the not so boring price, pretty cheap.

"The color of your skin and this cute shirt go perfectly together, match this with a skirt and a pair of cute shoes and you will have the cutest outfit in the room!" She said, I cringed.

Cute, cute, cute ehh

"I agree" I smiled, I gave into my desperation, and bought the shirt.

I walked out with  another shirt i will never, ever wear in public and headed off to another store.

The one and the only, Pacsun. The store with prices that gives you a heart attack, but then the clothes gives you life.

"Welcome"

I smirk, he hates his job.

I look around the store my eyes catching the sight of cotton heaven. I pick up the dress, its my size.

The price is...THIRTY NINE DOLLARS

I put the dress down then examine it once more. My dad only gave me forty and I spent seven at Aeropostale .

"Would you need any assistance?" He asks.

"Haha looking for a cute outfit" I chuckle, putting the dress back in it's place.

"Who is the special guy" he ask, smirking.

"Well, Mario Selman" I reply.

He looks down at the dress and back at me, he does this a second time.

"You look familiar..." He pauses. "Wait, your mom use to be my teacher when I was in Elementary"

How the fuck does he remember me, I am probably a good five or six years younger then him. Then again I have a baby face, looks don't really change much here.

"Oh right" I laugh.

He smiles widely and pats my head, as he does so I patiently wait for him to stop before I do something about his hand on my head. Does he think I am nine?

"How about this I give you my discount!" He exclaims. "Your mom was the best teacher ever!"

I nod my head and walk over to the cash register.

I was lucky I had little over enough to pay for the dress, my stomach bubbled up with excitement as I left the store. Walking to the exit I become more then just nervous, that was just understatement. Butterflies with knives for wings fluttered around. Why was I so nervous. I already met him.

I gave my dad's phone another call and shortly after a car emerged from the midst of dozens of others.

"What took you so long" he grunted.

The bags rest on my thighs and I place them by my feet.

"I was gone for thirty minutes, thirty" I respond.

My dad shrugs his shoulders and toons me out, listening to the radio broadcasters rant about recent charges on a football player. Another DUI, what a terrible thing. He held the steering wheel obviously irritated, gripping tightly.

We got home and without any further questions I went to my room, I closed the door and stood in front of my mirror.

Just like every girl that has ever lived I looked at myself with nothing but annoyance. Annoyed with myself and annoyed with my parents who bestowed me with my fatal mixture of genetics. My DNA must be cursed.

I touched my imperfect skin, then my fingers trailed up to my imperfect hair and I ran my fingers through the knotted waves. I'll admit I am a pretty damn strong girl. But even with armor and a facade of strength everything eventually comes crumbling down.

Damnit. 

"What gives, Mario can't possibly care. He was intoxicated" I wondered aloud, examining the small bags under my eyes.

"Maybe I should just not go"

I looked at the bag that was lazily thrown on my bed, my dress peeking through begging to be worn. The ugly shirt stuffed in the back remained silent, then I realized that I settle for what is easier to reach and I can't let that stop me this time. I'll reach for the stars instead of the sky.