Recovery Is Beautiful

As the youngest member of the band Harry sometimes felt left out but typically the rest of the boys always found a way to include him. Lately however, that wasn't the case. It seemed as if they thought he wasn't even there. The past few weeks Harry had been receiving a lot of hate online and he wished it didn't affect him but it did. Normally he would go to one of the others boys when he received hate and they'd make him feel better but they had just been brushing him off this week.

"Lou-"

"Not now Harry! Zayn, Niall, and I are going out."

"C-can I go?"

"No we're going to a club and you're still 17. Go bother Liam." Harry just sighed and wiped the tears that were gathering in his eyes as he turned to walk to Liam's room. He knocked but there was no answer so he slowly opened the door and saw Liam on his IPad with his headphones in.

"Li?" Liam looked up at Harry with an annoyed expression as he took his headphones.

"What is it Harry, I'm trying to listen to a new backing track that Julian sent." He said with frustration in his voice.

"I, uh, I."

"Well don't just stand there looking stupid! I'm busy here Harry!" Liam snapped and Harry did his best to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

"Um N-nothing. Sorry." He said quietly and Liam just rolled his eyes and put his headphones back in as Harry turned to leave. As soon as he reached his room he burst into tears as he fell on his bed, Liam never yelled at him unless he had dine something really bad and even then it was more of a scolding than actually yelling. Harry grabbed his laptop and logged onto Twitter. Immediately his notifications blew up and he scrolled through his mentions. There were a few nice ones or ones just asking for follow back or a shout out but those weren't the ones that stood out to him. He couldn't ignore the hate comments that were flooding in.

Fuck you Harry One Direction would actually be good without you.

Kill yourself you stupid man whore. Harry had never even had sex before, he was so sick of those rumours that he was a slut.

Why is everyone in 1D good looking except for Harry? He should just kill himself.

God have you seen Harry lately he looks like a whale, he had to have gained at least 9 stone.

Harry couldn't take it any more, he slammed his laptop shut and threw it across the room. He began sobbing heavily as he stood up and walked into the loo connected to his room. He searched through the drawers until he found it. He held the shiny piece of metal in his hand, contemplating whether or not to use it. He hadn't done this since before his X Factor audition over a year ago. None of the boys even knew that he'd ever done it... He needed it though so he brought the object to his left wrist and cut at it blindly before doing the same to the other wrist. He bit down on his lip to distract himself from the stinging in his wrists, he deserved this. He decided not to bandage them, if they got infected and he died no one would care anyway. He lifted up the front of his shirt and stared at his reflection in the mirror. How could he allow himself to become this disgusting?! He felt tears spring to eyes again and he let his shirt fall back down. He was going to lose weight no matter what. He cleaned up the blood and went back into his room and cried himself to sleep.

Two weeks passed and the other boys had noticed a change in Harry. His eyes were always bloodshot and puffy as if he'd been crying but he told them that he was just tired. He never ate with them any more and he was getting scary thin but he just promised then he was eating at other times. He always wore long sleeves and jumpers but his excuse was that he was always cold for some reason. He'd even say that when the boys could noticeably see him sweating.

"I'll go try to get Harry to come eat with us even though he'll most likely say no." Zayn sighed as he got up from the table. They missed their happy, bubbly, dorky Harry. Zayn knocked on his door but received no response so he slowly entered and saw Harry sprawled out across his bed sleeping. He was actually wearing short sleeves for once. Zayn got closer to wake him but stopped dead in his tracks and gasped when he noticed the deep, angry red slashes across his arms. Zayn teared up, how did they not notice? The long sleeves and jumpers. Zayn connected all the pieces now, Harry had been crying all those times and he wasn't eating at other times like he claimed, he was starving himself. Zayn slowly left the room and went back to the kitchen.

"Guessing he said no?" Niall asked.

"He's asleep. Uh, Liam can I talk to you?" Liam noticed the serious expression on Zayn's face so he nodded and followed Zayn to another room.

"What's going on?" Zayn said nothing, he just grabbed Liam's hand and dragged him into Harry's room.

"Look" he whispered, motioning towards Harry. Liam looked and gasped.

"Oh my god..." They left the room and called a meeting with Niall and Louis to discuss what was going on. They were just as surprised and both boys shed a few tears. They decided talk to Harry in the morning.

The next morning Harry woke up to find the boys going through his stuff.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Liam turned around and saw the furious Harry.

"Oh good you're up. Come on, we're going to go eat breakfast."

"M' not hungry."

"I didn't ask." Despite Harry's protests, Liam was stronger and was able to drag Harry to the kitchen where he literally had to force feed him. About fifteen minutes later. Louis, Niall, and Zayn came out carrying plastic bags full of blades, razors, and any other things Harry could use to hurt himself.

"What the fuck?! Those are mine!" Liam held Harry down as he tried to get to his stuff.

"Harry we're just trying to help." Louis said calmly but Harry wasn't having it.

"HELP?! FUCK YOU! I NEEDED YOUR HELP WEEKS AGO BUT YOU ALL IGNORED ME!" Harry broke down sobbing. He was tired and being forced to eat was making him feel sick. Louis came forward and grabbed Harry and began cradling him as if he was a child. Harry was sobbing too much to care, he needed the comfort no matter how much he said otherwise.

"Harry we're so sorry, we didn't even realize we were ignoring you. We feel horrible." Niall said and all the other boys nodded in agreement.

"Haz it hurts us to see you like this...will you let us help you?" Liam asked softly. Harry just nodded and sniffled, not bringing his face out of Louis' chest.

And they did. Throughout the next few months they helped Harry realize that he was perfectly amazing the way he was. They helped him learn that it was okay to eat and that he wasn't fat. They stayed up with him and let him sleep in their beds whenever he got hate or felt like harming himself. They helped him recover and from it all Harry realized that recovery is a beautiful thing.

So this is the first chapter in my new book. Sorry if it's not good, this is the first time I've ever written a pure sick and hurt fic book. Thank you to viviambre for the prompt. I'm always accepting prompts just be specific. :)