Breathe Me

I'm so sorry I literally haven't updated this book in two months and three days but I've been so focused on my Lilo stories and then now my Larry one but I'm finally updating.

Ziam- Parents

Niall- 2

Harry-5

Louis- 7

Zayn and Liam got married as soon as they were out of Uni at age 22. They both wanted kids so they wasted no time. They decided to go with a surrogate and Zayn more than anything, wanted kids with his genetics so Liam agreed to let him be the sperm donor for all of their kids. Liam would love them just as much, they were still his kids, plus he wanted Zayn to be happy. Their first child came from their first try, Louis William Malik-Payne was born 24 December, 2009. Little Louis brightened up their lives and was a ball of energy from the start.

When Louis was about two he started asking for a baby brother or sister and both Zayn and Liam had been talking about another child for awhile so that's how Harry Edward came into the world on 1 February, 2011. Everyone immediately fell in love with the baby with the chocolate brown curls and emerald green eyes. As soon as he was able to walk, he and Louis were running around the house causing trouble and making messes but Zayn and Liam didn't mind, they had the family they always wanted. When Harry was almost three they decided they wanted one more baby. Their current home in Bradford wasn't big enough though so they packed up everything and moved to London and decided to try again with the same surrogate they used with the past two boys.

Nine months later Niall James was born on 13 September, 2014. His brown hair and bright blue eyes were to die for and Zayn and Liam finally knew their family was complete. They loved their new home in London and everything was perfect, for awhile. When Niall was about two months old Zayn pointed out how Niall had been sick with a cold for about three weeks and just had this persistent cough that wouldn't go away. Liam wasn't worried at first but another week went by, then another, and another. Why wasn't it going away? Niall had begun wheezing at night and they had to constantly suction his nose just so he could breathe.

Then one night Zayn and Liam rushed Niall to A&E after he had stopped breathing for a whole minute in his sleep. That was one of the longest and scariest nights of their lives. After many sleepless hours, days in hospital, sending Harry and Louis to various relatives, and various tests they were finally given a diagnosis, cystic fibrosis. They weren't sure what that was but they knew it couldn't be good. The doctor took them to his office and sat them down to explain Cystic Fibrosis is a genetic condition in which the lungs and digestive system become clogged with thick sticky mucus. Symptoms usually start in early childhood and include: persistent cough, recurring chest and lung infections, and poor weight gain. That "cold" they thought Niall had was actually acute pneumonia. Zayn broke down crying in Liam's arms as the doctor told them that Niall was actually very ill and would have to stay in hospital for at least a month. Liam tried his best to stay strong for Zayn and asked all the logical questions and even did his own research on the disease. He found out they CF patients got sick easily and couldn't fight it off as well and that even the smallest cold was taken seriously, he learned that breathing treatments would be apart of their daily lives, and he learned that Niall would have to extremely minimal contact with the outside world until his immune system had strengthened at least a little bit. Their was one question that he was most afraid of asking but he knew he had to.

"What's the approximate lifespan of someone with CF?"

"Well it depends on the patient of course but on average, typically they can live to be 37." Thirty seven may seem like a lot but it wasn't. People live to be 80, 90, sometimes even 100 and here this doctor was telling them that they might have their son until 37. Both Zayn and Liam cried that night.

Niall progressively got better and when he was four months old he was able to come home. Their daily trips to the park turned into daily playtime in the playroom upstairs. Their family shopping outings turned into Either Zayn or Liam going out and getting what was needed or desired while the other stayed with the kids. Family get-togethers were out of the question. Only Zayn and Liam's parents and Liam's sisters and Zayn's older sister were allowed to come visit but they all had to thoroughly wash their hands and wear face masks around Niall. Everything that was touched by anyone including Zayn and Liam had to be sterilized immediately if Niall was going to touch it. Waliyha and Safaa would complain that they'd never even seen the baby except for pictures and Zayn felt bad but he wasn't willing to risk it. He was even careful about having Louis and Harry around him and they were his brothers. When it came time for schooling, Louis and Harry were home-schooled because there was too big of a risk of them bringing home germs.

The next two years went by without any major problems but Zayn and Liam still never let their guards down. Niall went out a bit more but it was only for short trips and he had to wear a medical mask and wasn't allowed to touch anything.

It started out as a normal day. They started with Niall's breathing treatment then fed him his breakfast. During morning bath time, Liam noticed a slight wheeze and was immediately on high alert. He dressed Niall and told Zayn he was taking Niall to hospital. Zayn dropped the other two boys off at his mum's then rushed to meet Liam. In the few hours that had taken, Bradford was a good distance from London, Niall's condition had deteriorated. He had pneumonia again but even though it was caught early it was still very serious, it was full blown. He was coughing and hacking up mucus every few minutes and his already frail and tiny body looked even smaller and Zayn and Liam were terrified.

As the week went on Niall seemed to be getting better and the doctor said it'd be okay to have Louis and Harry see him but only for five minutes and they couldn't touch him. Zayn however, still went to go get them and brought them to see Niall.

"Daddy why can't I give him kissies?" Harry whined to Liam.

"He's a bit sick babe, when he's better you can." Harry pouted but accepted the answer. Louis and Harry told him they loved him then were escorted out of the room after their five minutes were up. Liam's mum came down later that day to watch the boys and to see Niall.

That night things took a huge turn for the worst. Mucus had filled up about 90% of Niall's lungs and he had to be placed in a medically-induced coma and was intubated. Liam and Zayn were a mess and just took turns holding their little boy and giving him lots of kisses. Early that morning at 3:04 am, Niall's lungs stopped functioning, his heart stopped pumping blood, and his organs shut down. He had passed away. He was one of the unlucky ones.

Zayn and Liam screamed and cried. Louis and Harry were confused as to why they were told they'd never see him again, they cried as well. Liam stormed out to the car park after the morgue picked up Niall and just punched and kicked at his and Zayn's car, he didn't care that it was ruined on the outside now. All of a sudden 37 seemed like an eternity, he wanted Niall to live to thirty seven. He was only two years old, it was early, way too early. They had lost their baby and it wasn't fair.

RIP Niall James Malik-Payne 13 September, 2014 - 17 November, 2016.

Okay that was sad as hell, I'm sorry that the first update in months was so sad but that idea just came to me and I hope you still like it.