Not So Typical

Ziam- parents
Niall-16

Niall was the only child of Zayn and Liam meaning he was the centre of their attention. He got everything he wanted but the only thing he actually wanted was to play sports. Of course his dads said yes to every sport he wanted to play. He was currently playing football rugby golf basketball cricket and swim meaning he was extremely active.

"come on or you're going to be late for football practice. We only have ten minutes to get there and there's a lot of traffic."

"I'm coming Papa." Niall yelled down the stairs. A minute later he came down carrying all his football gear and followed Liam out the door. "
Papa is Dad going to pick me up today or are you?"

"I think Dad is going to pick you up I have to go into the office today file some of my patients' medical records." Liam was a very successful doctor at the local hospital. Next thing they knew they had arrived at Niall's practice so Niall got out of the car and grabbed his gear.

"Bye Papa I'll see you later tonight when you get home, I love you."

"I love you too Nialler have fun at practice, play hard." Niall watched as his father drove away before going over to join his team who was already warming up.

Practice was halfway over now and Niall felt more tired than usual.

"Niall what's going on, you're lagging behind today."His coach asked.

"I don't feel so well coach." Niall said as he stopped running. His stomach has started to turn and he had a splitting headache. The coach went over to him as he saw Niall start to sway.

"Niall what's going on are you alright?" The coach asked as he grabbed Niall's arm to steady him. Niall put a hand over his mouth.

"I think I'm going to be sick!" He cried. The coach quickly guided him over to a rubbish bin on the sidelines where Niall immediately bent over it and was sick. Niall started to cry and the coach rubbed his back as he continued to be sick. when he was done the coach led him over to a bench and set him down before going to his office to call Zayn.

"Hello?"

"Is this Zayn, Niall's father? this is his football coach Louis."

"Yes this is Zayn is everything alright?"

"Not really Niall began complaining about feeling ill halfway through practice and he was just sick in a rubbish bin on the side of the field."

"My poor baby I'm on my way to come get him. Thank you for telling me." Zayn said before hanging up. Zayn got there 10 minutes later and carry Niall to the car, thanking the coach one more time before driving home. When they got home he put Niall in bed and put a sick bucket to him before kissing his forehead and leaving the room so Niall could rest. he texted Liam what had happened then went to start dinner.

two weeks went by and Niall still wasn't getting better and both fathers were beginning to become concerned. Niall had always had a strong immune system and bounced back from illness after a few days at most. They figured that this was just a bad flu and hopefully he'd be okay in a few more days.

"Niall wake up love how do you feel?" Zayn asked as he walked into Niall's room the next morning.

"a little bit better" Niall replied. he threw the covers off of him and attempted to get up but he couldn't. He immediately started crying and Zayn rushed over to his side.

"Niall what's wrong baby why are you crying?"

" I can't move my legs dad!" He cried. Zayn's eyes widened and he ran out the room only two come back with Liam seconds later. Liam took one look at Niall before picking him up and rushing him out to the car. it was only a five-minute drive but Niall got so much worse on the way there. He couldn't move his arms anymore. they rushed him in to A&E and quickly got him a room. all of a sudden Niall turned blue.

"Quick open up his airway and place him on a ventilator he's completely paralyzed and can't breathe on his own!" Zayn began to cry and the doctors help him out of the room but allowed Liam to stay since he was a doctor. they were able to assist Niall with breathing and soon he was stable again but they knew they had to administer treatment quickly before things took another turn for the worse.

"what are we dealing with here?" one of the doctors asked.

"It's definitely Guillain-Barré syndrome." Liam said. they administered the treatment and thankfully Niall reacted well to it and soon he was breathing on his own and could move his arms and legs again. He would require some physical therapy but it was very minimal and Liam and Zayn couldn't be more thankful for the fact that their baby boy would be ok.

Sorry it's rushed but I'm kind of in a hurry right now.