I Don't Want To Die

Ziam-Parents
Louis-19
 Niall-17
 Harry-12
 "DADDY! PAPA!" Harry yelled from his room in the middle of the night. Zayn and Liam rushed in.

 "What's wrong love?"

 "My chest hurts, like where my heart is, I can't breathe!" He yelled out as he gasped for air. Liam quickly grabbed the bag of Harry's clothes as Zayn picked up Harry and rushed him out to the car before getting in and speeding off towards A&E. This was a normal occurrence in their household, Harry was constantly in and out of hospital. He never stayed longer than one night though as the doctors could never find what was wrong with him. Once they reached A&E doctors took Harry and placed an oxygen mask on him.

 "I don't wanna die!" Harry cried but it came out slightly muffled. Liam and Zayn held both of his hands as the nurses drew blood from him and hooked him up to numerous IVs.

"You're not going to die love, you're going to be just fine." Zayn reassured him.

"N-No! I'm going to die. I can feel my body giving up papa it hurts!"
Harry finally fell asleep around 5AM so Liam and Zayn laid on the couch cuddled up together and worried about what was going on with their baby. The next morning when Harry woke up he was met with the faces of his older brothers Niall and Louis.

"Hey Hazza how are you feeling?"

"Sick and scared." They cooed and cuddled up on his bed with him. "Where's daddy and papa?"

"They're talking to the doctor love." Just then the doctor came in along with Liam and Zayn.

"Hi Harry, I'm Dr. Smith, is it alright if I ask you some questions?" She had a suspicion as to what Harry's diagnosis would be and she told Liam and Zayn that but she wouldn't tell them what it was until she questioned Harry. Harry just nodded and Dr. Smith led the rest of the family into the waiting room then came back to Harry's room and closed the door. She sat down next to his bed and smiled at him.

"Okay love, tell me all your symptoms."

"um chest pains, hard to breathe, headache, numbness, stomach pains, dizziness..." Harry went on to list about ten more things while Dr. Smith took notes. She looked over his lab test results and frowned.

"Harry how do you feel about all this? Not physically but emotionally?"

"I'm scared, I don't want to die." She felt bad for the boy and rubbed his back as tears welled up in his eyes. She asked him a few more questions then left to go get Liam and Zayn. Louis and Niall came back to sit with Harry while Dr
 Smith took Zayn and Liam into her office.

"I have a diagnosis."

"Oh thank god finally! Nobody has ever been able to tell us anything before." Zayn cried.

"Well that's because it's not your typical medical book illness"

"Oh my god, my baby, is he going to be alright?!" Liam asked, distressed.

"He'll be just fine...tell me, has Harry ever expressed a fear of dying?"

"All the time, whenever one of these episodes occurs he always cries about not wanting to die." She nodded and wrote something down.

"Okay and has he lost a lot of people in his life or been exposed to death a lot?"

"Um well...I own a funeral home and Harry comes with me to work after school until my husband or one of my other sons can pick him up." Zayn says.

"That explains it." Liam and Zayn were both extremely confused.

"How does that explain anything?"

"Harry is what we call a hypochondriac. There's nothing medical actually wrong with him but due to his extreme fear of death, his mind has tricked his body into constantly thinking he's dying and every little thing his body does, he mistakes it as a major medical issue."

"So he's not sick at all?"

"Nope, however I'd suggest a therapist to help him cope with this fear because he doesn't even know he has it. If this continues into his teenage years this could spiral into depression. I'm going to prescribe an anxiety medication so these episodes don't occur anymore, or at least not as frequently."

 Liam and Zayn walked out of the office, baffled. They gathered Harry's things and signed him out and took him home. Zayn felt horrible that Harry was so terrified because of him taking him to work. He'd been doing it since Harry was 5. When they got home they let Harry relax on the couch and watch the telly because in Harry's mind he was still "sick."

Liam and Zayn called a therapist and set up an appointment for Harry for the next day. They just hoped he could get better.

Okay so I told you I wanted to do uncommon illnesses and stuff. I'm tired of reading and writing about just flus and colds and stuff like that. To be quite honest, I'm a hypochondriac myself.

What do you guys think about me using more uncommon illnesses?