Let Me Be Your Air

Niall and Liam were an example of the perfect couple...most of the time. Lately they had been arguing a lot over stupid things. A part of the reason they were arguing so much was that Niall hadn't been feeling the greatest the past few days but he hadn't told Liam so Liam just assumed Niall was being bitchy about everything for no reason. They had three kids together: Zayn who was 6, Louis who was 4, and baby Harry who was 8 months. One thing they had agreed on before they even started a family was that they never wanted to fight in front of the kids so with everything going on recently they had sent Zayn and Louis off to Maura's and Harry to Karen's. It was too much to send all three boys to one place for a long period of time.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOTTEN INTO YOU BUT YOU'RE NOT THE MAN I MARRIED!"

"WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?!"

"THAT IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN YOU WERE LIKE THIS I NEVER WOULD HAVE MARRIED YOU!" Niall's heart dropped, sure they argued but Liam had never said anything like that before.

"...get out."

"Niall wait no I didn't mean i-"

"GET OUT!" Liam just looked at his now sobbing husband with tears in his eyes as he turned around and exited the house. He got in his car and just sat there sobbing, he had just messed up the best thing in his life.

Niall had a history with asthma but it was mainly a problem when he was younger. He seemed to have grown out of it for the most part by age 8 so he didn't even think about the fact that he could have an asthma attack. He lay in bed sobbing, he just kicked his husband out and on top of that he didn't feel well. It was just a simple flu but all the stress lately was making it worse and him sobbing was making his headache a lot worse but he couldn't stop. He gasped for breath after about five minutes of sobbing but he didn't think anything of it, all he could think about was Liam. It happened so quickly that Niall couldn't even register exactly what was happening, his chest went tight, he was gasping for air, he began feeling light-headed and then he was seeing black.

Liam sat out in the car still sobbing. He loved Niall with all his heart and he wouldn't give up on their little family. He had called his mum and filled her in on what happened and she just told him that he needed to go back in there and fix what he had damaged. He thanked her and took a minute to calm down before getting out of his car and going back in the house.

"Niall?" No response, not that he expected one, he knew that Niall was pissed and extremely hurt. He knocked on the bedroom door.

"Ni we need to talk I'm coming in." He opened the door and gasped as he saw Niall on the floor unconscious. His skin was paler than normal and his lips were blue. He ran over and checked if he was breathing, he wasn't but there was faint pulse. He quickly rang 999 and told them what was going on then hung up after they told him they'd be there shortly. Liam hovered over Niall and opened his airway as he began blowing breaths into Niall. It wasn't CPR because nothing seemed to be wrong with Niall's heart. After about five minutes Niall gasped for air and coughed.

"Good job baby, breathe come on." Liam said before he blew more air into his still unconscious husband's lungs. The paramedics came and put an oxygen mask on him.

"We're taking him to A&E he's having an asthma attack. You can come with us." Liam quickly followed after them.

Three hours later and Niall was awake however they had him on a ventilator so he couldn't talk.

"Niall I'm so sorry. I didn't mean what I said I was just angry. I love you so much and I was so scared. I couldn't lose you. You and the boys are my entire life." Liam sobbed. Niall let at tear slip and managed as much of a smiled as he could as his way of letting Liam know it was okay. He reached out and grabbed Liam's hand. Liam smiled at him.

"I love you Ni."

Sorry it's short I have to go get ready for work. thanks to astoundingwonderland for the prompt and sorry it took me five days to post it. I'll try to post another chapter to this story and to Looking Forward today. Deception will be updated once I get the goal of comments and votes that I set.