Ignored

"No Niall"

"Not this time Niall"

"Niall leave us alone."

"You're being really annoying right now Niall."

"Go bother someone else Niall."

This is all Niall heard all day everyday and he was sick of it. The boys never paid any attention to him unless it was to tell him to go away. He needed someone to be here for him, he was going through a really hard time right now and he wanted to get better but he couldn't do it alone. Niall had an eating disorder and it was to the point where even he realized it was a huge problem but there was nothing he could do to stop. He felt in control and that's what he needed since nothing else in his life seemed to be going right.

When he had first gotten together with his boyfriends they were all really sweet and loving towards each other but as time went on Niall noticed that they were slowly starting to exclude him from things such as date nights and even simple conversations. He slowly grew into a depression, nothing was going his way and there wasn't anything he could do about it, or so he thought. He began thinking of ways he could control at least some aspect of his life and nothing was coming to mind. One night when the boys were eating dinner, Niall had to make his own because the boys forgot to, he realized he could control what he ate, when, and how much. Niall never thought he needed to lose weight but for some reason when he looked in the mirror that night, all he saw was fat. It started it fairly simple, almost like a diet. He'd eat three meals but they were healthy meals and after a few weeks he noticed himself slowly losing weight but that wasn't enough for him, he needed more control, he needed to try harder. He stopped eating breakfast and cut back the portion size of his healthy lunches and dinners. He noticed himself drop even more weight even quicker but after another few weeks his weight had evened out and he wasn't losing or gaining and this frustrated him so he cut out lunch as well and cut back on his dinner even more. By this point he was becoming so thin that his ribs and hip bones were poking out and all his clothes were so baggy they barely stayed on. He was 47.6kg (105lbs.) but all he saw was fat, why couldn't he control his weight the way he wanted to?! He needed to be thinner. He stopped eating dinner and began exercising right when he woke up and before going to bed. He allowed himself a small snack and some water every three days just to make sure he wouldn't die, he wasn't trying to kill himself. After a month on this routine Niall had reached 36.2kg (80lbs), but he still felt fat. This is where he was now, he had no energy, he was pale, and his heart was beating so rapidly that he felt he'd have a heart attack if he stood up so he continued to lay in bed even though it was nearing 3pm.

"Niall you've been in bed all day!" Louis screamed at him as he entered the room.

"Yeah Niall stop being so fucking lazy and do something around here, you never talk to us any more!" Zayn added. That was it. Niall was pissed.

"I NEVER TALK TO YOU?! FUCK YOU! YOU NEVER TALK TO ME! FOR MONTHS I'VE BEEN IGNORED YOU DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO SAY HI OR ACKNOWLEDGE ME AT ALL AND THEN YOU'RE GOING TO YELL AT ME FOR NOT TALKING TO YOU?! I'VE TRIED TALKING TO YOU BUT ALL YOU GUYS DO IS YELL AT ME TO GO AWAY OR TELL ME I'M ANNOYING. I FUCKING HATE YOU ALL!" Niall was typically soft spoken so Zayn and Louis were beyond shocked and they felt horrible, Niall was right. Then it all happened so quickly. Niall stood up then the next thing the knew, his eyes rolled back into his head and he was on the floor. It was only then that the two realized how sickly thin he was.

"LIAM! HARRY! HELP CALL 999!" The boys rushed into action to try and save Niall.

*

"Niall Horan?" The boys all stood up and crowded around the doctor. "He's alive and very lucky to be. He suffers from Anorexia Nervosa which is an eating disorder in which you restrict your food intake in order to control your weight. He's 36.2kg under the normal weight of a boy his age so he'll need to stay here in our in-patient intensive treatment centre until we can get him back up to a healthy weight. If he were to go home there's no way he'd make it." All the boys broke down, they felt horrible that they hadn't even noticed what Niall was going through.

Over the next few months Niall began to get better. He was up to 54.4kg (120lbs.) after two months and the boys couldn't have been any prouder. They visited him every chance they were given and every time they told him how much they loved him, how sorry they were, and they promised him that when he got out, they'd never neglect him ever again and that was enough to keep Niall motivated on the path to recovery.

Okay just a quick chapter before I go to work. Thank you to vocabunarry for the prompt. Hopefully I can update another fic later when I get home but no promises.