Reminiscent Of Us

The video at the top/side goes with the chapter, it's reminiscing.

"Mr. Louis Paylinson?"

"Yes, this is him."

"This is London Medical Centre. Mr. Liam Paylinson has you listed as his emergency contact, what is your relationship to the patient?"

"He's my husband, what's going on?! Is he alright?!"

"I'm afraid he's been in a car wreck, he's in a coma and we're not sure when or if he'll wake up." Louis let out a loud sob and rushed to get dressed, not caring how he looked. When he got there he immediately ran up to the receptionist.

"Liam Paylinson, he's my husband I was told he was in a car wreck!" She quickly typed something in.

"Room 28A down the corridor." She said as she smiled up at him sympathetically. He thanked her as he ran off down the hall. When he opened the door he fell on his knees and sobbed loudly at the sight. Liam was all black and blue and swollen. There were cuts everywhere and wires sticking out of almost every part of his body attached to dozens of machines and he looked nothing like the Liam that Louis knew.  He eventually was able to get up and walk over to Liam and grab his hand, kissing the back of it.

"Li I love you so much, please, you have to make it through this. The adoption agency called us back this morning, there's a teen mum who is giving us her baby and they're bringing the baby in 6 months after it's born. I can't do this without you. I want to raise a family with you and only you." A doctor came in and looked at Louis with sympathy.

"I'm sorry to say this but his injuries are so severe that we aren't so sure he'll make it through the night. If you want to think about it you have the option to pull the plug now so he won't be in pain."

"No! I'm not giving up on him, he'll pull through, I know he will." The doctor nodded and left the room after checking Liam's vitals. Louis continued to hold Liam's hand as he cried softly.

"Li, they say you can still hear when you're in a coma so if you can hear me, please, I need you to pull through and prove the doctors wrong. I need you. You're the love of my life. " Louis eventually fell asleep for about an hour before waking up again.

"You must be bored just laying there so I'll tell you a story. I'll start with how we met, I love that one. I remember that I was 6 and you were 5 and you moved into the house next to me. I was a nosy little bugger so I just had to go see who had moved in. You were painfully shy and you didn't like me at first because you said I was too loud and I scared you. You even told your mum that but then one day your football went into me backyard and I got it for you and asked if you wanted to play which you actually said yes to and from then on we were pretty much attached at the hip." The room was too quiet for Louis so he took a moment to look over at Liam's heart monitor just to be sure it was still beeping which thankfully it was. He didn't feel like telling any more stories that day, he just wanted to hold Liam's hand and kiss him softly even though Liam couldn't respond.

Surprisingly against the doctor's initial thoughts, Liam made it through the night, the swelling had gone down quite a bit as well. He wasn't close to being out of the woods yet though. Louis wondered if he made it only because he had heard him talking and his brain was responding to it. He doubted it but he wasn't going to take a chance so every day he told him a story from their past.

"Remember when we started school together? Some lads were making fun of me for having to repeat year 1 but you protected me and told them they'd be sorry if they hurt me again and I was so thankful that I made you like a million thank you gifts during art lesson. They were such shit but then you pulled them all out again like a year ago and I was so surprised you still had them. I think it's cute that you've kept them."