Chapter 3: Casey's other 'Friends'

Casey opens the window and lets me in.

"Blue, what's wrong?" He asks, using his nickname for me.

I raise my hand and he looks shocked by the blood. He pushes me onto the couch and races off to go the first-aid kit.

A few minutes later, he comes back and he's talking into his cell phone with someone.

"No, Raph I can't come".

Whoever was on the phone said something.

"Guys I mean it. No, you guys can't come-," he starts to say but the other person ends the call.

"Over," Casey says into the phone.

"Sorry about that, Blue. Another friend of mine wants to hang out, but you're way more important than him,"

"Thanks Casey, what would I do without you?" I ask as he finishes bandaging my hand.

"Get hurt way more," he says and we both laugh.

"So who was that guy you were talking to on the phone earlier?" I ask.

"Oh just another friend," Casey says again.

I nod my head like I believe him. I don't. No one can ever lie to me without me knowing.

I hear a tap on the window. I turn my head and the window opens.

Four, giant, talking, turtles come through it. They have ninja weapons strapped to their backs - or would that be shells?

I scream and lunge at them. They move and I go out the window. In one second flat, I extend my wings and my skin is metal. I turn and fly towards Coney island. My quiet place. My alone place too.

I hear Casey yelling my name over and over again, but I don't turn. So much for having a friend.