Chapter 2: Wind

As I fly towards Casey's place, I drop my metal skin. Now that I'm away from the house, I don't need its protection. 

The autumn wind hits my bare skin and I shiver. I really have to come up with better clothes to fly in then a tank top.

I glance at my hands. Blood is oozing from the cuts and I can see small pieces of vase stuck in the wounds. 

I grip the largest piece and pull it out, letting it fall to the streets below. The sudden pain causes me to lock my wings for a moment. 

"I've got to land and get the glass out of my hands before I get to Casey's," I say to myself. 

Spotting a good roof, I land and pull my wings into my skin. The wind bites into my now bare shoulders and upper back, but some how I don't mind it. Its nice. Its sharp. 

I dig the glass out, letting it fall to the street below, enjoying the comforting pain that it brings. I've always been like this, enjoying my pain instead of  hating or fearing it. 

To me, it is a family, something that will always be with me, something loyal. 

Blood drips from my fingers as I stand. Its getting late. 

I pull my wings from my skin and raise them high. I push them down with all my might and soar into the night air.