Untitled Part 20

Shawn, Lyra and Kaneko walked onto the stage. There was some confusion over why they were performing twice, but it didn't bother anyone. After all, the more Shawn performed, the more customers they got.

The music started, and Kaneko opened her mouth.

Feel it cutting into me, the doubting painful knife

Everything went well on my dream, and I awoke to find

Feel it deepening the rift, finally hit just right

My brain environment occupied by an unidentified object called love, and then

Couldn't take the love I had, so weak and burning low

But it grew into a weapon only hurting me, this I know

My torn-in-two mental environment

...is nonfiction.

Yui looked over to see Kou seething with rage. Kaneko and Lyra were up singing their song, and, true to her word, Shawn had written something that completely blew Kou away. Yui saw the crowd start to dance as Kaneko and Lyra reached the chorus. Shawn was mixing the two songs together with a lot of effort. Sweat was covering her. Despite feeling bad, Yui was to enraptured with the song to notice that much.

Lyra was singing her own part without Kaneko, before the violet haired girl joined in for a grand finale. Lyra had grabbed a microphone and was singing with a force that made Kou pale. Kaneko had grabbed a guitar and was playing with such ferocity that Yuma stood there in shock.

Hey, just tell me how

It's not like I care now!

Kaneko finished. They added a musical outro, before finishing the song with Lyra's beat. As soon as it was over, the crowd went wild. They cheered, shouted, and pushed to get a glimpse of the two girls and the DJ on the stage. Suzuka pulled Yui close.

"S-Suzuka?" Suzuka looked away.

"So you don't get hurt or kidnapped." Yui smiled. Suzuka was guarding Yui.

"That was amazing Kaneko!" Yui said when they met up. Lyra and Kaneko had changed out of their performance clothes, and were dressed casually.

"Thank you Yui." Kaneko replied, smiling. Lyra frowned.

"I was up there, too."

"We know Lyra." Shawn joined them. "But Kaneko had a sweet voice. Everyone heard you."

"Fine," Lyra sighed. "I'll give you that one." Then she looked behind Shawn. "Hey isn't that the producer that's been trying to get you to sign a record deal?" She pointed to a short, pudgy man running towards them.

Shawn paled. "Everyone in." She said, forcing them into the limo. As soon as she closed the door, the limo sped off.

"Hey Kou." Yuma looked at the blonde. "You think Sow's gonna be okay?"

"Hm?" Kou looked up. "Sorry Yuma-Kun. I was thinking of M Neko-Chan." Yuma raised an eyebrow.

"What about Sow?"

"Well, now that the Sakamakis are here, is there really a reason for us to be here?"