Untitled Part 21

The ride home in the car was silent. Shawn refused to talk about the producer. Kaneko was embarrassed by her performance. Lyra was answering and blocking emails on her phone. Suzuka looked out the window.

"U-um," Yui tried to start a conversation. She caught Shawn shaking her head. Yui closed her mouth.

"Yui?" Kaneko asked. "Is it alright if you have a nickname?" Yui nodded hesitantly. "Okay!" Kaneko smiled. "Yu-Chan."

"Yu-Chan?" Lyra asked, skeptical. "Isn't that the same as Yui?"

"No it's not!" Kaneko and Lyra started an argument. Yui, Suzuka, and Shawn smiled.

When the limo pulled up, the sisters noticed Reina's car had already parked and was cold.

"She must have been home for a while." Yui thought out loud. Kaneko nodded.

"Yu-Chan?" Yui looked at her. "Can we go in?"

"Oh!" Yui exclaimed. "I'm sorry. I forgot." Suzuka and Shawn shook their heads sighing.

"It's okay, Yui." They said as they walked up the steps to their house. They opens the doors. "We're home!" There was no response for a while. Then there was growing footsteps. Yui started to pale.

Please don't let it be-

"Oi! Pancake!" Ayato's voice rang throughout the house. His green eyes were blazing.

Why?