Ch 8 - Making It To Prom

^^^AUTHOR'S NOTE

"Can someone please explain to me exactly what the plan is for today?" Wesley asked.

I was with Cash, Wesley, Malachi, Nigel, Mordecai, Aziel, Jayme and Eli. We were all sitting in my lounge. The girls were all at the safe house getting ready for prom or whatever. All we knew was that there were ten hours to go before prom.

"The plan is to sit here and wait for the girls to give us the signal," I replied.

"We wait here for ten hours?" Cash asked unsurely.

I was about to respond when my Cypher phone went off. "What?"

Blossom would cringe at the way I'd just answered the phone if she was here.

"I've got something for you, but you need to meet me in the next hour. I'll text you the location. Bring the guys with you," Zuri's voice came through before the line went dead.

"What is it?" Aziel asked me.

"Zuri's got something for me. She said to bring you guys and meet her in an hour," I said, getting up.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? If we're held up, the girls will have our balls. Things are already shaky with Bridgette and I and I wouldn't want to ruin that now," Malachi pointed out.

I rolled my eyes. "We'll be back in time."

"I don't fancy dealing with an angry Nick. We all know he'll be the angriest if we don't make it on time," Nigel said.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Since when are you worried about what Nicholas has to say?"

"I'm with him on this one. Nick has been stressing that everything has to go perfectly for this day. If we screw up, we will never hear the end of it," Aziel was the one to reply.

"What has the both of you so convinced that this won't be quick?" I asked as I strapped on my weapons.

"It's Zuri. Even you'd be stupid to think that this is going to be a quick thing," Mordecai said as he and the guys did the same.

"Fine! I'll call blossom and tell her that we might be late. We're not missing this, that's for sure," I said as I dialed my girlfriend's number.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. This is a special day that they've all been waiting for. You don't want to ruin it," Jayme advised as blossom answered her phone.

"Yes my handsome Bond," she said, giggling.

"Someone's happy," I commented.

"What's there to not be happy about? Today is going to be a great day," she said happily.

Well shit!

"Yes it is," I agreed stupidly.

"But that isn't the reason why you called. What's up?" she asked.

"I was just calling to tell you that you're beautiful," I made up. The guys were silently laughing as they watched me.

"I know you well enough to know that you're bullshitting me right now. I will do you the honour of saying that whatever it is had better be sorted out before prom starts. I'll cover for you guys with Nick and the girls. I love you," she said before the line went dead.

"And?" Mordecai asked as I looked at my phone in confusion.

"She knows me better than I thought. She says whatever it is had better be sorted out before prom and that she'll cover for us with the girls and Nick," I replied.