Ch 15 - Electric Love

SURPRISE!!! 👋🏾👋🏾👋🏾

Early chappie because you guys were so nice in that guide. 😄 Thanks for actually reading it, and I'm glad it helped a lot of you better understand the story. 😬 If you ask me a question relating to anything that was answered there, I will ignore you. 😊🙌🏾

Onwards my Smurflette Darlings! 🗡 (Dang it! This sword is facing the wrong way) 🙄

***

"What are you doing here?" I asked her once I was over my shock.

"It's a free country. I can go anywhere I want to go," she replied.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "And you just happened to choose the one place you knew I'd be?"

"What are you doing here anyway?" she asked, looking around. She was dressed in a cheerleading uniform from one of the competing schools here.

"Hey Nick," I said as I continued to glare at the she-devil before me.

"Yeah?" he replied.

"It may be impossible, but I need you to hold me back from killing her," I told him.

"I'm detecting evil ex-girlfriend vibes here," he instead commented.

"And who might you be cutie?" Rio flirted.

"Someone who wouldn't go for you even if I was straight," he said, deadpan.

Rio doesn't deal well with rejection.

I diverted her glare from him to me. "Why did you almost take me out?"

"What are you talking about?" she asked in confusion.

"The cabin you blew up about two months back," I reminded.

Her eyes widened. "You were the target?"

Now I know what you're thinking. I'm the same person who defended her with my friends, insisting that she wouldn't want to kill me, despite how mad at me she is. I only lied because I knew that if they hunted her down, they wouldn't get answers from her.

I needed to talk to her myself.

"I was in the cabin with my girlfriend," I informed. I watched her eye twitch at the mention of blossom.

"Ah yes, the lovely Noelle Solano, whom I'm yet to meet," she said in disgust.

"Say one bad thing about her, and you'll have me to deal with," Nick threatened.

She laughed humourlessly. "Wow Six, you may have some competition here."

"No you sick child. I'm her brother," Nick told her.

"You are?" she asked with a scowl.

Nick turned to me. "Ellie's an upgrade by miles here."

I had to bite my cheek to keep from laughing.

"I could end your life right now," she threatened.

"Not if I end yours first," I told her.

She looked surprised. "You'd kill me over this civilian?"

"He's one of my best friends and he's my girlfriend's brother. It's a no brainer," I said with a shrug.

"And here I thought I mean something to you," she said, sounding genuinely hurt.

"You do, but you're not high up on the list either, especially since you tried to kill me and almost succeeded in killing my girlfriend," I told her.