Ch 14 - Nick Hates Himself

^^^❤️😍😋

That link again:

https://www.swoonreads.com/m/six/

NB The version on Swoon Reads is edited and has a little more info. Not a lot, but a little. 😄

Happy Easter my darling Smurflettes!!! I love you all! 😘❤️😊

***

"Would you leave already? She'll be fine!" Mordecai told me for the millionth time.

"You must call me the moment she wakes up," I told him.

"What if you're in the middle of your game?" he asked. 

I shrugged. "I'll be wearing my earpiece."

"That's going to distract you from playing Xander," he said with an eye roll.

"You let me worry about me. Just tell me if she wakes up," I told him before leaving the room.

It was Thursday, four days since we'd rescued Nadia, and she was in a coma. They hadn't broken any of her bones, but you could tell that she'd been majorly roughed up. We took her straight to Cypher, and found that they injected poison in her, but not enough to kill her. It was probably just enough to torture her.

"We'll reach the States in the next eleven hours, so you can rest," Aziel told me once we were on board the jet. Mordecai was the only one staying behind with Nadia, but he'd be joining us at graduation.

"What makes you think I want to rest?" I asked him.

"You need to rest star quarterback," Malachi reminded.

I shrugged. "I'll be fine."

"You haven't slept in two days Xander. No good will come from that," Nigel told me.

"It's not like I'm going to be able to sleep anyway. I don't know where my girlfriend is," I reminded.

Jayme couldn't track blossom, and of course that means I'm as agitated as they come. He's tried everything, including hacking his own father's system, but nothing. I'm left to hope that nothing happens to her.

"She's with the twins. There's nothing that could possibly happen to her," Aziel said.

"Yeah, that doesn't help. I don't know those people," I pointed out.

"You mean you don't know what they're capable of," Nigel corrected.

I rolled my eyes. "Same dif!"

"So what exactly is your plan? You're going to sit here and be unfocused until you know where Elle is?" Aziel asked me.

I nodded, getting comfortable in my chair. "Pretty much!"

"That's stupid and you know it," Nigel told me.

"That's great and all, but I'm still not sleeping," I told them.

"Elliephant wouldn't want you to not rest," Malachi surprised me by saying.

He hasn't forgiven me yet after all.

"If only she was here to tell me herself," I said with a shrug.

"Fine! Be stubborn and see if we care," Nigel said with a huff.

The three of them left and went to get settled into their seats. It wasn't long before Malachi's snoring filled the air. I could see the confusion on Bridgette's face since she and Malachi were sitting opposite me.