Ch 10 - The Back Up

^^^NOELLE'S DRESS 😍❤️🙌🏾 (Yes I know Lily Collins wore it. Don't need the reminder)

***ATTENTION SMURFLETTES***

1. I have updated the following books 😊 (for those of you who care):

-The Maestri Amour (General Fiction)

-Walker's Girl (Teen Fiction)

-Calypso (Werewolf)

-Area Alpha 101 (Werewolf)

-Chasing Cupid's Choos (Romance or Chicklit I think)

-The Bargain (Chicklit)

-Dimples of Snow and Love Songs of Ash (Teen Fiction)

2. There are some of you who are under the impression that I care greatly about what criticisms you have about my story and how YOU think it should go. I really don't, and if my storyline bothers you that much, Wattpad is here for you. GO WRITE YOUR OWN STORY THE WAY YOU WANT TO!!!

3. I mentioned that I have a job now, so it would be great if you would stop pestering me. I will update whenever I can!

Thank you! Onwards!

***

*FLASHBACK*

"Why the frown?" she asked me, walking into our apartment. We'd come to spend another weekend together, moving most of our stuff in.

"Cypher regularly tests our decoding skills in case our communications get cut off from our tech teams on missions, and Jayme sent me a code I can't decipher," I easily lied.

I was testing something.

She walked over to me and took my tablet from me. "This is easy. What don't you understand?"

"I can get the gist of it, but every time I put my guesses in, it rejects them," I replied.

"Where's Sparkles?" she asked, deciphering the code.

"He's probably in the lounge. What are you doing?" I asked in return.

"There you go," she said, handing me the tablet back. I couldn't believe it.

"You deciphered this in less than a minute," I commented.

She shrugged. "Numbers are my thing. Besides, you were probably looking at the longer way of figuring it out. You just need to really analyze what you're looking at, before you do anything. Figure out all the possible patterns in your head first before trying to put in your answer."

"Even if what you're saying works, your brain still works faster than normal," I pointed out.

"I know that much already. So, I got Chinese and pizza. What do you want?"

***

She looked at me, deadpan. "And you couldn't think of anyone else?"

"If Jayme can't crack it, no-one else at Cypher will be able to, which leaves you," I explained. The guys were looking at me with extremely high levels of confusion.

They were probably wondering what I was high on to think a civilian could be better than Jayme at hacking.

"What makes you think I have any idea what's going on here?" she asked, looking at the screen.

"I never thought I'd say this, but numbers are something only Franco truly mastered in all their forms at Cypher. Jayme is close behind but still has a lot to learn. However, I'd like to believe that just like with Franco, this comes naturally to you," I told her, but she'd already started typing.