Ch 16 - The Nick Effect

^^^BLOSSOM'S OUTFIT

"You electrocuted her?" he asked me. I had him on loud speaker since I was still tending to blossom.

"It was the only way, and it worked," I replied.

"How did you know it would work exactly?" he asked.

"If I told you that I was guessing, would you believe me?" I asked.

He laughed. "I expected that answer."

"How is he?" I queried.

"He'll be fine. It was just a shock; literally," he responded.

I walked over to give blossom water. "Is he awake?"

"Yeah he is. How is she?" he counter asked.

"She's fine now that I did everything the medics told me to do. She'll even be able to compete in her competition on Sunday," I replied.

"That's good. Well, I'll take care of Mordecai and Nadia until the next time I see you," he informed.

"I thought you were underground?" I said in confusion.

"Black is after all of us mate. I can take on the BNK. In fact, you're going to help me end them once and for all so that we can move on to bigger threats," he told me.

"Is that right? And how do you figure I'm going to do that?" I asked.

"I'll leave that brilliant thinking up to you and the lovely lady who's listening to this phone call," he replied.

She laughed a little. "How did you know?"

"I've never met you in person, but I know how much you mean to Xander. I also know that you're a super genius and he'll never leave you alone. In fact, I think you might as well join Cypher," he suggested.

Now isn't that an idea I've thought of.

"I don't think I could be cut out for it," she replied.

"It's cute that you doubt yourself when we all know you could do it. Xander, convince her," he said before the line went dead.

It had only been two hours since I electrocuted her. I'd called the Cypher Medical Department to find out what to do, and they talked me through it. I was more than relieved when she groaned and opened her eyes. She's been ordered to rest, but they assured me that she would heal in time for her competition.

"Nope," she said, giving me the very look I'd come to love from her.

Her adorable defiance face.

I laughed. "You don't even know what I'm going to say."

"I've barely forgiven you for having to shock the living daylights out of me. You're not recruiting me for that organization," she said.

"I'm not," I confirmed.

She scowled. "You're not?'

"I'm not. I'm recruiting you for myself," I replied as I joined her on the bed.

"I'm not following," she said, patting the space beside her. I moved next to her and put my arm around her as she settled into my side.

"You're incredible blossom, and I wouldn't say that to just anyone. You've achieved in a year, what most agents achieve in five years of training. You're really good, but it's not why I want you to join me. Joining me means that you would be that much safer. Before you argue, whether or not you join, Black is still coming after us, so you might as well. Besides, there are a lot of perks to joining Cypher," I argued.