Chapter 16: New Me

Since yesterday, Angelico has been coming off from the high of joy from meeting his favorite soccer player. He's been all smiles since getting to AAA. He and Jack have a match against Dark Cuervo and Dark Scoria. The worst part about it is that Dabria is a part of the group. I guess the first letter acronyms really help make the group united.

At the end of the match, Dabria is supposed to jump me from behind and toss me back into the ring where Cuervo and Scoria are supposed to take out scissors to cut my hair but then Angelico and Jack come back in the ring to save me before they do any damage to my hair. The story will then lead to a hair vs. hair match between them.

I watch as Angelico and Jack are taken out to the floor. On cue, Dabria pushes me into the ring post to knock me off my feet. She pulls me by the hair to roll me into the ring where Cuervo and Scoria are waiting with their scissors in hand. Dabria and Scoria keep me sitting up while Cuervo takes a hand full of my hair and lifts it.

Now Angelico and Jack should be coming in right about now.

Suddenly the crowd's reaction begins to roar which means something must be happening. I'm still being held down so it can't be the save from Angelico and Jack. I open my eyes to peek at the situation when my heart drops. I see a pool of my hair on my lap. He's really cutting my hair! I try to shake out of their grip but can't get free. It's not until Jack springboards into the ring to hit Cuervo with a dropkick followed by Angelico who knees Scoria out of the ring. Dabria gets out of the ring before I'm able to get my hands on her.

I run my hands through my hair to feel half of it missing. How could this have happened?

As soon as the match was over I run to the backstage makeup area to look at myself in the mirror. My hair is gone.

"Steph, what happened?" Angelico asks followed by Jack. "Why didn't you fight back?"

I turn to face them, "What are you talking about? You were supposed to come in for the save sooner."

They both have a face of confusion on their face, "No, you were supposed to fight back until we made the save."

I shake my head, "No, I was told to wait for you."

"We were told to wait for you."

Jack calls out to Dark Cuervo and Scoria who are passing by, "Hey, you told us the wrong information and what was with going to town on her hair?"

They shrug their shoulders, "I thought you were okay with having your hair cut."

"No, I never gave consent to that!" I'm having a panic attack at this point.

"Dabria said that you were and to tell you guys what was supposed to happen."

Dabria, of course.

I go looking for her until I find her talking to Taya. The rage kicks in and I shove Dabria to the ground, "You bitch!" Before I can put my hands on her Angelico pulls me back by the waist. "You must really want to get me out here so bad that you're willing to get your ass kicked and get me fired."

"Oh it's just hair, get over it."

"Then let me rip out yours." I charge at her but Angelico keeps his grip on me.

Jack and Angelico manage to get me away from Dabria and calm me down. After the show ended, Angelico and I go to a salon to get this disaster fixed. I tell the hairstylist to give my hair some shape. Angelico is waiting outside when I finish up. I feel so embarrassed with this hair. I've never had it this short before. I walk out the door with my hood over my head to hide the mess.

Angelico opens his arms, "So how does it look?"

"I look horrible." I groan.

"I doubt it. Let me see it." I shake my head not wanting him to see me, "Come on, I promise I won't laugh."

"Fine, but if you laugh I'm kicking you in the balls." Slowly but painfully I remove my hood to show the new bob hairstyle that I have to live with for a few months.

Angelico scans my hair and smiles. He doesn't laugh just smiles.

"Looks great, and it suits you."

I run my hand through my short hair. "I've never had short hair before."

"You look just more beautiful with short hair than long."

I blush, "Thanks."

He wraps his arm around my shoulder, "Come on let's go get something to eat to take your mind off of this situation."

I guess I can live with this hairstyle. It can be a part of the new Stephanie Skye.