(1)

Missy

"Daddy, chill out. Your wife is over-exaggerating as always. I didn't call her a bitch," I said. I rolled my eyes as my father came at me sideways about this woman of his.

"However, I did say that she resembles a female dog," I admitted while letting out a small chuckle on the sly.

Apparently, he did not find it funny. His stare was intimidating to most, but never did I personally feel threatened at. He never actually went through with any punishment he gave me so there was no need to fear. I just shrugged him off and kissed his cheek, preparing to leave the kitchen to head to school.

"Missy, that's not cool. You just can't be calling Val out of her name like that. She's continuously been trying to bond with you and you always shit on her for it."

I nodded nonchalantly and glanced down at my watch. I started to signal to my dad that he needed to speed up his routine lecture about my behavior. This chat was going over the usual time.

"Don't rush me! You need to hear this," he said sternly. I tapped my phone show him what time it was and he sighed deeply.

"Fine, Missy. Go to school, but we are not done with this conversation. Plus, we need to talk about why I received another phone call from your principal last night."

"Yeah yeah. Love you!" I grabbed my car keys from the counter and placed my bag on my shoulder to leave.

On the way to school, I blocked out anything that my dad had said to me a few minutes before. Honestly, I didn't see the problem with saying exactly how I feel about stuff. Mouths were used to speak and some would say that I was notorious for using mine to say whatever I pleased.

As I pulled up to the school campus, I looked down at my watch to see that I was almost late.

"Ugh, damn you father," I mumbled to myself as I parked my car and quickly got my things out to go inside the building.

By the time I got inside the school, the bell had already rang. So, I took a pack of hall passes from my bag that I had borrowed from the office and forged the principal's name as I strolled to my english class.

"Awh, nice of you to join us Ms. Alexander," my teacher spoke sarcastically. I gave Mr. McCallister a stank face and headed to the nearest seat.

"No late pass? No class..." he said. I already knew that he had it out for me, so it would probably make his day if he did not have to deal with me.

I sat at my desk and waved the pass in the air.

"Nah, George. The pass is right here, so don't try to play me," I called him by his first name like I did all my teachers. Mr. McCallister sighed and put his hand out asking to see the pass.

"You got legs. Come get the shit," I snapped at him.

"Please and thank you," I quickly added with a fake grin. "I'm working on my manners." Majority of the class snickered at my comments, but I was being dead serious.

Among those was my best friend, Ashley, who was attempting to hold in her laughter. She gave me a knowing look, but didn't say anything.

Instead of trying to go back and forth with me like I had become accustomed to, Mr. McCallister simply shook his head and walked over to get the piece of paper himself.

I mentally rolled my eyes when he approached my desk and I took a note pad out to take notes.

"Thanks, George. Now, was that so bad?"

Mr. McCallister simply shook his head and started to teach the class until the bell rang once more an hour later. Everyone packed their things up and start chattering.