(15)

Missy

I was standing at my locker getting a few things out for my next class when a shadow from behind approached me. I arched my brows in confusion as to why Ashley was creeping up on me. I was in for a surprise when I turned around to see Don.

"Oh, um hi," I stuttered with an awkward smirk.

"Hey."

A charming grin formed on his face and it tugged at my heart how gorgeous it was, today especially.

"Uh, well I gotta head to class."

He nodded with his hands in his pockets. "Yeah, I know. I'm in the class with you, short stuff. Walk with me?"

"Yeah, sure..."

I closed my locker and we walked side by side at a distance in silence. "Are you feeling any better?"

I knew his eyes was burning a hole on the side of my face, but I didn't want to look him in the eye right now. It was too much for me to handle, especially since I had sworn off guys for the rest of the year.

"Um, it could be worse." I shrugged it off, not wanting to think about how he tried comforting me yesterday.

"You wanna talk about it? I think we should, you know...discuss it."

I sighed deeply and shook my head. The awkward moment that I wasn't ready for right now. He wanted to talk about the kiss like, why now? I guess it was time to address the issue sooner than later.

"Don, like I told you before we started talking, I'm not up for a relationship. I mean, I like you, but I think we're great as friends and if--"

I stopped talking when I noticed a small smirk on his face. "Um, Missy I was talking about you being upset like you were about to cry. Way before the kiss happened."

"Oh, yeah...right," I was embarrassed now. He wasn't even hung up on the kiss like I was. "I-I'm okay. Just family stuff that I don't want to talk about."

He nodded in understanding and we just stood there quietly. It seemed like things were already getting weird between us already.

"Um, so--"

"Hey, Don. See you later on today, right?" Leah came out of nowhere hugging up on Don. I automatically rolled my eyes at her being thirsty.

Stop, Missy. No need to be jealous, he's not yours. You're just friends.

"Yeah, don't be late. You know you never on time." He told her with a serious look.

Leah then continued to talk to him about something that was interesting to the both of them, so I left them alone to chat and kept walking to class.

When I got to my class, instead of going near the window where Don and I sit, I went to one of the desks in the front row.

Maybe I am being petty...

After pulling my notebook and writing utensil from my bag, my phone vibrated. I already had an idea of who it was. I held off answering it and didn't look back the entire class period.

As the bell rang for the next class, I gathered my things and strutted out to the hall.

Don

"Yo, Missy!" I called out to the girl who was starting to drive me nuts and got no reply. She didn't even look back at me. I scratched my head and sighed deeply while people were passing me in the hall.

"What did I do now?" I uttered to myself.

"Trouble in paradise?" Ben said as approached me with a smirk on his face.