(20)

Missy

Scrolling through my instagram, I realized that mother nature was a bitch. Everybody from school was turning up at Don's party and I felt like complete shit.

"Hey, what are you doing in the house on a Friday night?" I looked up from the couch to see Val approaching me.

"That time of the month..." I mumbled, turning my head back toward the tv.

"Ahh, I see. That's one thing I don't miss while being pregnant right now," she said, rubbing her belly simultaneously.

"Yeah." I awkwardly replied. Although, I have no beef with Val anymore it's still weird when she tries to start a conversation with me.

"Um, so where's my dad?"

"He had to fly out to D.C. on business. He should be back next week or so." I just noded, not really caring when my father would be back anyway. The longer, the better.

"Oh, okay. Sooo, did you want to join my movie night?"

I shocked myself by even offering to let Val chill with me, but I know she gets tired of being alone. Plus, I'm not about to be bitch to a pregnant woman that's about to pop.

"Yes, sure." A genuine smile appeared on her face and I could see that she was surprised by my suggestion as well.

"Let me go upstairs and get a blanket."

I took my feet down from across the couch and sat up under the covers, waiting for Val to return. I was so into my phone that I didn't realize that there was a knock at the door.

I sighed deeply and wrapped the cover around me as I strolled to the door to answer it.

"Who is it?" I asked.

No one replied and I rolled my eyes before swinging the door open to see Don standing there. I glanced down at my phone and it was still very early.

"What are you doing here? Why aren't you at your party?" I inquired with a concerned frown.

Don cracked a smile, put his arm out to hand me a plastic bag, and placed a small kiss on my lips.

"Hello to you too, babe. You gonna let me in?" I took the bag from his hand and moved to the side to let him in before closing the door.

"You still didn't answer my question, Donovan. Why are you here and not at your party?" I asked again as I walked back in the den where I was sitting previously.

"I missed you, just a lil' bit though." I felt my face flushing red when he said that and smirked.

"Why you always so damn sweet all the time?"

Don shrugged it off and put his arm around me to pull me in closer to him. "So, how you feeling? You sounded shitty on the phone earlier..."

I glanced up at him and narrowed my eyes. "Forget you." He chuckled softly and started to play in my hair.

"You know I'm just playing with you, but you did sound in pain. I got you motrin or whatever it's called and some snacks to help you feel better," he said pointing to the plastic bag that I put on the coffee table.

Our eyes connected and I kissed his neck as a thank you. "I hate that I'm missing out, but it feels like I'm dying a slow death. Anyway, you need to go back like now. You know parties really get popping after 11 and I want you to enjoy your 18th birthday. Plus, I don't want you wasting this cute ass outfit your mom bought you," I said.

 Plus, I don't want you wasting this cute ass outfit your mom bought you," I said