(2)

Donovan

"Ah, there he is! You feeling better now?" Will questioned me when I got to our usual lunch table. They had me in ISS for two class periods because of Missy's snitching on me about a late pass.

I removed the hood from my head along with my ear buds and dapped up with my boys.

"Eh, it's whatever," I replied with a shrug.

"Heard you got into with Miss Missy earlier," Bennett broke his silence as I sat down.

"Something like that," I kept my response short.

"At least her fine ass talked to you. Be happy," Will said while eyeing over at Missy from across the cafeteria.

Will had been obsessed with Missy and her feisty attitude since freshmen year, but like most dudes...she never paid him attention. Me and Ben on the other hand, think her attitude cancels out how fine she is on the outside.

"When you gone let that mean ass crush go?" Ben asked.

"I don't know. After I invited her to my party earlier, I think I felt a connection. The way she called me out on my shit was kind of sexy," Will said, still in a daze.

"The way she just snatched the flyer from me was a turn on." I shook my head and took the milk from Will's tray.

"Delusional..."

"Mentally ill..." Ben added.

Will smacked his teeth at the both of us, ignoring our sly remarks. "Y'all thought she was the shit when we first saw her, what changed?"

"She started talking..." Ben uttered out with humor in his tone and I slapped five with him signaling that I agreed.

"Whatever," Will mumbled while biting into his pizza.

"Whatever is right. All these fine ass females at Lemont and you focused on her. You really gookin," I said.

"G shit though," Ben added.

"Hey, Don."

An old friend of mine interrupted us while walking past our table and with her friends. I gave her a small smile and a head nod in reply.

"Hi, ladies." The other girls giggled at my response.

"Wow, so me and Will don't exist?" Ben inquired with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Ha, don't trip. Tasha's good people, she ain't mean no harm. She most likely just don't know y'all names," I assured them.

That comment caused Will and Ben to give me the look. The look that they gave me every time they had reason to believe that I messed with a certain girl.

I chuckled innocently. "I ain't fuck with her. I can promise you that."

"Bullshit nigga!" Ben barked.

"Nah, come on out with it. Anytime you say that a girl is good people you messed with her in some way."

I took a big gulp of his milk trying to deflect, but they weren't letting up on me. "Okay, maybe a few dates. Nothing further," I finally admitted. Will shook his head.

"Why am I not surprised? Who have you not fucked around with?"

"Ashley..." I said.

Ben looked up from his food and gave me a death glare. If looks could kill, I would have definitely been six feet under.

"I dare you," was all he said.

Me and Will looked at each other and smiled. "See Will, I told you that Ben not over that girl. She told took his heart and dismantled that shit. Now, he be getting tight when her name is mentioned."