(26)

Donovan

After talking to Missy about our relationship status, I was starting to think that there isn't a chance for me anymore. I hurt her and there was nothing I could do to change that.

"Yo, you gone drink that?"

I snapped out of my thoughts to hear Ben inquiring about the milk on my tray. I shrugged him off and cut my eyes over Missy's table. Her nor Ashley were sitting over there today.

"I tried talking to her for you this morning. She wasn't trying to hear it though." I simply nodded at Ben's words as chugged my apple juice.

"Yeah, we had a conversation this morning and it didn't go over so well. I don't know what to do bro. It might be a lost cause at this point. You know she not the forgiving type."

"At all. Her and Ashley..."

Ben mumbled the last part, but I heard him clearly. "What's good with you and Ash?"

He shook his head and sighed. "Nothing's good. She don't like me right now because I'm a disgusting pig with no brain," Ben mocked her words with a irritated look. "Who knew this bet would be that serious? I didn't, I was just looking at quick money."

I shook my head. "I can't believe she broke up with you though. Sorry bro. All this shit is on me..."

Ben smacked his teeth when looking at who was approaching the table. "Nah, not all on you. Part of it on me too and this nigga, Will. Nobody told that nigga to be having pillowtalk with his girl about what the fuck we doing."

I never put too much thought into that, but Ben had a point. "Yeah, that too."

"What up fools?" Will sat down beside Ben and across from me at the table. We both were silent. "What's y'all problem?" He asked while putting ketchup on his corndog.

"Nothing. We just gotta watch what we say around you. Wouldn't want it to get back to your girl, Leah," Ben uttered and I bitterly cackled.

Will's forehead crinkled. "Fuck are you talking about?"

"So, yesterday ain't happen bruh. I ain't lose my girl because of your big ass mouth?" I rhetorically questioned him.

"Hol' the fuck up. I know you ain't mad at me about this shit. This is y'all fault. Had the bet not happened you wouldn't have had this problem."

"Nah, had you kept your mouth shut..." Ben added before focusing on his phone.

"So y'all neglecting the real issue? You bet that you could fuck with a girl's feelings and get in her heart. Mission complete. Job well done, Don."

"Shut the fuck up!" I yelled, bringing some of the attention to our table.

"Woah, chill out bruh," Ben mumbled.

"Nah! Fuck that. I'm tired of this bitter ass nigga. The only reason why you even give a fuck is because your no game having ass wanted her for yourself! Mission failed!"

Will started to get up and so did I. I had time for the bullshit today. "Don--"

"Let me finish, Ben! Then, this nigga decided let me go get Don's ex and fuck with her. Maybe that'll throw him off his game! You got thrown for a loop when I didn't give not one fuck, Will! Didn't you? Bitter ass nigga!"

Before I knew it, Will stormed at me and I was ready. I had him by a few inches and his lean body wasn't nothing in comparison to my muscular build.

"Yoo! Chill before Wheeler get in here!" Ben's strong ass got both us by the collars and pushed us away from each other. "We can't afford to be getting suspended a month before graduation."