(Epilogue)

2 years later...

"So, this where all the action be?" Don asked his cousin CJ as they walked in a coffee shop near his aunt's house.

"I mean, not really. I'm just here because my boy touching the stage in a few. We can hit another spot up later so you can get a real feel for Atlanta nightlife. Brace yourself though."

Don nodded and observed his surroundings. It was fairly dark as a they sat at a table, but a spotlight was focused on a girl who was reciting poetry on stage.

When she was finished with her poem, a dreadhead guy who appeared to be the MC came up on the stage clapping.

"Yoooo, give up for the newbie, Trinity, once again! She killed that thang."

He gave the audience a brief moment to clap for her before introducing the next act. "Alright now y'all, our next act is a beast on the mic and the keys. Y'all already know who it is. Make some noise for my fam, Missy Melody."

"OO-OOP!"

"Yasss, that's my sis!"

Women in the corner of the cafe were screaming for Missy as she strolled to the stage. So much so, that it made Don look up from his phone to see what was happening.

"What was that about?" Don asked, not being able to see who was coming to the stage in the dimmed establishment.

CJ chuckled and shook his head. "Just the Deltas doing they normal shit. Being loud and whatnot. Shawty performs here just about every month and they still act like it's the first time. She's dope though. A lot of these greek niggas come here when she performs just to get at her, but she ain't wit' it."

Don laughed a bit before looking up to the stage. Missy strolled up and sat on the stool in front of the keyboard.

"Hey y'all," her soft voice projected through the mic.

Don's eyes light up when he heard the young woman's voice. He hadn't heard it since they last talked almost two years ago. He watched her every move as if she was a foreign creature to him.

"She sing too?" Don questioned his cousin while still staring Missy down.

"Yep, she do covers and stuff. Sometimes she play an original song," CJ said before starting to devour his bagel.

As Missy started to play the keys, a cheeky grin appeared Don's face. He was on the edge of seat waiting for her to sing because he had never heard her before.

"Donny, you good cuh?"

"Yeah, I'm straight. Lil baby kind of fine though," Don joked.

CJ wasn't really familiar with who Missy was because Don never told him too much other than that he messed it up with his ex-girl. CJ chuckled at his cousin being a thirst bucket like the others.

"Wait until she start singing. Shit be intoxicating on the low..." CJ warned him and sure enough he was right.

Don was in awe of her talent, but he wasn't the least bit surprised because Missy's always been a star in everything she does. He was just happy that he got see her again, especially considering how things ended with them.

"Where you goin' bruh?" CJ questioned, noticing that Don slide out of his chair when the girl's performance ended.

"To talk to her or at least to try," He admitted and CJ rose from his chair as well.

"Well, let me at least introduce you to her and then you can be a creep nigga," Don simply nodded.

"Lead the way then cousin."