(23)

Missy

"How many of these flyers you want me to print out for you?" Ashley asked me while waving my Prom Queen promo paper around.

"Bout 30 or so. I got Don going to the office later to print some out too, so I should be good."

She nodded as we strolled along in the hallway. "Prom Queen Missy. This should be fun."

"You think I can win it?"

Ashley gave me a smirk and playfully rolled her eyes. "Girl, please. You and Donovan are like Lemont's 2nd best power couple aside from me and Ben, so y'all got it. Can't vote for one of y'all without the other, that's petty."

I bobbed my head as we strolled through the hallway. "You right, you right."

"Speaking of your boo, there he is."

I glanced up to see Don approaching us with his headphones in ear. He was lipsyncing the words to whatever he was listening too. I couldn't help but to crack a smile.

"Morning lil' baby. What's up, Ash?"

He acknowledged us both with a smile before leaning down to kiss my lips. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. I don't know what it was, but ever since that intimate night we couldn't keep our hands off of each other.

"Yooohoo! We're in public, in case y'all forgot," I heard Ashley say.

We backed away from each others lips and smirked. I wiped my lip gloss from Don's mouth. "Our bad, Ash."

Ashley shook her head and smiled. "Y'all nasty, but it's cute or whatever."

The bell rang, signaling that we now had 10 minutes before classes were in session. Don glanced down at his watch and sighed. "Aight, I'm going to make copies of these flyers for you. See you in class."

I simply nodded. "Okay, love you."

A genuine smile formed on his face before he pecked my forehead. "Love you more, lil' baby."

Don put his headphones back in and disappeared in the sea of students, leaving me and Ash alone.

"Gagging at the fact that you, Melissa Alexander, is not opposed to PDA anymore."

I playfully rolled my eyes as we walked to class side by side. "Shut up."

"I'm just saying. It's nice to see that you found someone that you feel that comfortable with. Never thought I'd say this, but thank God for Don."

I nodded and bit down on my lip. "Yes, indeed. Thank God."

Immediately after I spoke, Ashley grabbed my arm and gave me a look. I was confused as hell. "Girl, what the hell?"

Ash pulled me into the nearest bathroom. She looked under each stall before replying to me. "Ashley, you're acting weird..."

Her arms crossed and she smirked. "Bitch, you lost your virginity to him and you wasn't even going to tell me. I ought to beat your ass."

I sighed and palmed my face. "How did you even piece that together? Is it that evident?"

"For one, I'm your best friend so I peep everything. Different body language and all. It just took me a little minute to put this together."

"Well, you caught me."

"Soooo, when?"

"Spring break..."

Ashley's eyes widened. "I should've known. All that damn arguing was tension. Are you okay? No regrets, right?"

I tucked in my bottom lips and shook my head. "Not at all. I trust him and it was--special."