(27)

2 weeks later...

Donovan

Walking through Lemont's halls these last few weeks had been dry as fuck. Then again, maybe its me. So much has been going through mind and with everything changing at home...I'm mentally and emotionally drained.

"Yo, did you hear me?" Ben asked, snapping his fingers in my face.

"What?"

"Kenny had his 18th birthday party last night. Did you see the pics or nah?" I furrowed my brows.

"Hell no. Why do I care about what that pussy ass nigga Kenny is doing?" I questioned.

Ben shook his head. "Nevermind, you obviously not trying to get her back anymore so forget it..."

"What you talking about?" I pulled my phone out and opened the Instagram app to see what was on my feed. I scrolled not seeing anything in particular at first.

 I scrolled not seeing anything in particular at first

missyshante: lil turn up time or whateva #KingKen18

kw_savage: why she so fine bruh? 😍❤👀😋 #KingKen18

I put my phone down after seeing the pictures and sighed. I'm trying to understand how we got to this point. She actually out here hanging out with this clown ass Kenny.

"When the fuck did they get cool again?" I mumbled.

"Ain't no telling. When the last time you actually tried talking to Missy? I thought you wanted her back..."

I simply nodded. "Yeah, I do. I sent her favorite flowers to her house everyday last week with little notes in them, so there's that."

Ben cracked a smile. "Okay, that's clutch as hell. How she responded to it?"

"Um, well it turns out that her stepmom is really allergic to them. She actually texted me to tell me to stop sending them, but she did say thank you for the gesture."

"Okay, but you still haven't been talking to her like face to face. Time to aggressively pursue your girl if you want her back."

I shook my head and looked around the classroom. I was ready to go home amd just chill in my bed. "Look, she told that she wanted her space. That's what I'm giving her. Time and space."