(21)

Missy

I doodled in my notebook trying to past time in McCallister's class, but it wasn't moving fast enough. I was caught off-guard when my desk was tapped.

I looked up to see Ashley and she had a worried frown on her face. "Hey, what's going on with you?"

I simply shook my head. "Nothing, I'm cool."

"Missy, don't lie. Something went down with you and your dad again?"

"No, we're--cordial."

Ash nodded her head in understanding. "Is everything cool with you and Don? Yolanda had showed me tweets were he went on lil rant, but I was only able to screenshot the last three before he deleted them."

I hadn't seen anything he said, but now I was curious. Something told me that I wasn't going to like whatever Donovan said, so I braced myself for the worst.

"Show me. The tweets you did get, I mean."

Ashley nodded and took her phone from off of her desk and went through her pictures. "Honestly, I was going to talk to him and see where the hell this was coming from."

"Ash, don't stall. Let me see," I said with my hand out, waiting for her to give me the phone.

With each swipe to another tweet, I got more pissed off. One thing that I'm not too keen on is disrespect from anybody or being played. That's something that I've been experiencing too much of this school year.

"Missy, girl...you good?" Ashley's voice snapped me out of it.

I fixed my face and cracked a half smile before giving her the phone back. "Yeah. It's whatever, I guess."

"Do you need me to beat Don's ass or what?"

"I'm cool. I'll talk to him later about it to see what's up." I downplayed it with my calm tone, but truth is that I was going to go the fuck off when I see him.

"Alright, well McCallister gave us a group assignment to do while you were still in the clouds. Let's get started on it." I nodded and reached over to grab the worksheet to start on our assignment.

When class ended, Ashley and I walked out side by side into the halls. "So, you're going to talk to him now or later?" She whispered while signaling that Don was standing at his locker.

"Yeah, I see him. I'll see you at lunch, Ash."

"Okay, boo. Text me what happens, so I know if I need to beat his ass." Ash left my side and went to join some of her other girlfriends as they strolled to class.

I stomped on over and interrupted his conversation with one of his boys that I wasn't too familiar with.

"We need to talk," I said to Don in a stern tone, ignoring the friend.

Don's eyes locked with mine and it was like he had seen a ghost, but he complied. "Uh, okay. I'll get at you later, Forrest. Aye, and make sure you let me know how the show go bruh."

"I got you fam. Later bro."

When this Forrest guy walked off, I stood in front of Don ready physically punch him. Somehow, I kept it together.

"Hey," he finally said, awkwardly.

"Hey? That's all you got, Donovan..."

Donovan

I sighed deeply and rubbed my hand down my face. "What you want me to say, Missy? I already let you know what the deal is."

"More than just some fucking hey!"